Chapter 73- Deal

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Jennie expected his agreement. If he heard the conversation, he'd overhear her questionable lineage. Right now, she could either be the child of a Crown Prince, or the daughter of a Viscount. Her reputation was questionable. She wouldn't blame him if he suddenly wanted to back out of this.

Neither did she plan her parents. Truthfully, she doubted Viscount Marden's story. She knew how powerful her Father was, there was no way he'd tolerate what would've happened. If her Uncle truly took advantage of her Mother, he wouldn't be alive.

But Jennie didn't want to fool Lisa with her questionable lineage. He had never lied to her, and she didn't want to do the same.

Without warning, he grabbed her waist and shoved her into the car. She tumbled onto the seats, her eyes going wide when he climbed in with bright red eyes. He was furious. The fire licked at her skin, threatening to burn her alive. He slammed the car doors shut.

"Drive," he growled to the chauffeur.

Lisa slammed the partition up with a loud thud.

Jennie shifted to the corner of the car, pressing herself against the window. She was scared he'd pounce her like a lion. What exactly did she get herself into?

"It was just a suggestion for your benefit, Lisa. My lineage is currently questionable, and I—:

"A suggestion for my benefit?" he spat out like venom on his tongue.

Jennie nodded.

Lisa cruelly laughed in her face. He threw her a scathing look, his lips twisted into a sinister sneer. Without warning, he grabbed her chin and yanked her forward.

"You don't get to divorce me, Jennie Ruby Jane. Not for the rest of eternity. Did you truly think I'd let you go after a year? You're mine. Whether you like it or not."

"Why are you so obsessed with me?" she softly muttered.

Lisa narrowed his eyes. "I'm not obsessed. You humor yourself too much."

Jennie pushed his hand away, but he tightened his grip. His other hand held onto her shoulder. Soon, she was pressed into the car again, but with his body directly next to hers.

He cornered her, leaving her with nowhere to go. Her heart raced when his other hand gently caressed her cheek. She didn't understand his actions. It was practically impossible to do so.

He leaned in for a kiss but she turned her head away.

"Jennie."

"You said to not come to you willingly if you're angered."

Jennie looked away, refusing to meet his furious gaze. She didn't think she did anything wrong. He was the one getting hot and riddled by her words, when they could simply communicate.

Jennie was confused by him. He was cold and cunning one minute, then burning hot and barbaric. Which was he truly? Sometimes he smiled in his rage, sometimes he sneered in his wrath.

She heard his sharp intake of breath through his nose. He held it for a split second before releasing it. He disappeared and moved to the other side of the car.

Jennie touched her necklace, fiddling it in between her thumb and forefinger. She looked out the window, feeling the least bit of guilt. She wasn't the one with temper issues.