Chapter 74- Give Your Heart To Me

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

Jennie woke up to someone pinching her finger. She groaned and groggily opened her eyes. She squinted, her vision blurry. When she realized a person was beside her, she shot out of bed, only to be warned.

"Don't move so much." Lisa pushed her back onto the bed. He took a small sample of blood from her finger. He pressed it against the small vial. Once it was slightly full, he capped the vial and gently licked her finger, the wound instantly closing.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked. She wondered what exactly he was doing this early in the morning. "You're not going to drink that, are you?"

"You flatter yourself too much." Lisa stepped outside of the room, confusing her. She heard a quiet exchange of voices.

"Keep it confidential. I want the results back by tonight."

"Of course, Your Majesty," Weston muttered. Not a second later, he left to collect the other blood sample.

"What was that?" Jennie asked once Lisa came back. He closed the doors behind him and stopped at the foot of his bed.

"How are you feeling?" Lisa asked.

"Confused."

Lisa quirked a brow and chuckled a bit. "It's just a paternity test. You don't have to worry about it anymore."

"You're doing a paternity test without my permission?" she hissed, sitting back up again. She clutched the blankets, realizing she had slept in his bed.

"Isn't that why you made the impulsive request for a divorce? Because you think you're Viscount Marden's child?"

"I didn't want to burden you." Jennie lowered her head and played with the edges of the thick blanket. She felt incredibly small in his large bed that could hold a large family of four.

"I can never understand the thoughts that go through your head." Lisa rolled his eyes and shook his head. He took a seat at the edge of the bed and reached for her face. She yelped when he pulled her eye bags down.

"What was that for?"

"Your eyelids are pale, you're low in iron." Lisa released her face and frowned.

She tasted substantially sweet, but healed slow. He needed to feed her even more nutritious meals if she was going to be safe by his side. It was quite difficult getting her to eat, since she treated it like a sinful act.

"Besides, I couldn't care less about your lineage. For all that we know, you were just tricked," he said.

"But my mother—"

"I knew Kaline and Addison." Lisa pulled the blanket to her lap. She was a human and they were weak. He couldn't have her catching a cold and dying on him.

"If your mother truly slept with the Viscount, it wasn't willingly. And even if it did happen, Kaline would've made her take the morning-after pill that prevents pregnancy from unprotected intercourse."

Jennie slowly nodded.

"I'll get to the bottom of this heinous lie." Lisa shifted the hair away from her eyes.

He didn't like the bangs that framed her face, slightly tickling her chin sometimes. They were beautiful on her, but hid her forehead and eyes.

"My father loved my mother very much," she finally said. "Mother used to tell me that even before their marriage, he loved her dearly."