Chapter 65- His Trap

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Jennie could not look away from him. His eyes were narrowed, sharp, cold, and livid. There was no warmth, no humor, no amusement. He was truly furious. One wrong word could tip him off. For once, she felt like an enemy, a horrible person. But he was the one who had pulled up her dress without warnings. Why did he do that?

"Tell me," he growled in a deep voice.

The hair on her nape and arms stood up, as goosebumps speckled through her skin. A shiver shot down her spine. She had never heard him address her like this, in a venomous voice that made her tremble.

"T-the t-the—"

"Breathe."

Jennie's breath was caught in her throat. How could she dare to breathe in a situation like this? He had a murderous glint on his refined features. He was devastatingly beautiful.

"M-M—"

"Breathe." This time, it was an undefiant command. He was not going to take a no for an answer.

His jaw was slack. The usual rigid lines were ticking with fury. She felt the mattress being bunched by his long, calloused fingers. Through the corner of her eyes, she saw his fist, right beside her neck.

Jennie forced herself to suck in a breath of air. Then she released it through her nose. His pressing glare forced her to repeat the action. Again and again—until her mind was no longer foggy and her tongue was no longer shaking.

"Viscount Marden, my uncle..." she said in an incoherent voice.

Jennie might've not stuttered, but her tone was barely above a whisper. From his proximity, he heard her perfectly.

Lisa's face instantly froze over. His infuriated features softened to a cold aloofness. The fire in his glare died down, turning into stinging ice. The silence was so loud, she could hear a feather fall. Without warning, he rose from his position and sat upon the edge of the bed, back turned to her.

Jennie shakily sat up, a hand pressed to her chest. She felt like she had just finished the hardest examination of her life. Her heart could not stop racing. Her mouth was dry. She warily watched his silhouette.

Even his figure was handsome. He was dressed in his usual professional attire, a black suit, with a black-tie, and another black button-up. It wasn't hard to figure out what his favorite color was. Even though the tailored suit, she saw his flawless body. Rigid and hard, his body looked like it was carved from stone.

When his shoulders began to shake, her heart plummeted to her stomach. Was he upset?

" Lisa ..." Jennie had subconsciously shifted closer to him. She didn't realize it until the tip of her fingers graced his shoulders. For some reason, she was always drawn to him.

He was a flame that'd burn her to ashes, and she'd gladly let him do it.

"Are you angry with me?" Jennie asked in a sullen voice. She rested her face upon his large, reliable shoulders. She felt like a fool. She was practically walking on eggshells, yet didn't hesitate to comfort her tormentor.

"Why are you so kind?" he angrily breathed out.

Lisa let out a loud exhale through his nose. It heightened her senses, as she placed more weight upon his shoulders.

"Worry about yourself first," he harshly said.

Jennie pressed her lips together. That was not what her mother taught her. Her mother used to say "surround yourself with happy people, and you will be happy."