Chapter 16 - I Will Keep You Safe

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Having Jennie so close to her, Lisa could not help but smile. Though, this time, it was more genuine. It reminded her of their childhood, where she was just a young girl with too much energy in the world. She would dash up to her, then jump onto her for a hug, with the stupidest and most ignorant smile, not knowing exactly who Jennie was.

Lisa still wondered, even to this day, what made her like Jennie so much.

"But that doesn't mean it never happened," she added on.

Just like that, the spell was broken. She lifted her head and tried to create distance between Lisa. Her unhappiness was evident. The corner of her lips dipped into a scowl, and she glanced away. Lisa 's smile dropped. She was good at throwing a temper tantrum. Lisa could see the words she wanted to utter, but did not say. It was written all over her face.

"Am I that repulsive?" Lisa asked. "Was it so boring that you wanted to forget it?"

"No, of course not!" she blurted out.

Instantly, the context of her words sank in. She covered her face with her hands and hid it from Lisa.

Lisa 's hands shifted to both sides of her waist. She did not realize it before, but she was deathly thin. Did she not eat at all?

"It's just..." she trailed off. "It's just so embarrassing!"

Lisa 's brow shot up.

"I-I was making such lewd noises, and you were just—"

"But I enjoyed the lovely sound you make."

" Lisa!"

A Cheshire grin grew on her face. Wicked and sinful, Lisa bent her head, wanting to see more of her bright red cheeks. When she called her name like that, it was difficult to not pin her against the railings and have her way. She was enticing Lisa in ways unimaginable.

"Can't you forget it, please? For me?"

Lisa laughed. Jennie was hiding her face from her. It did nothing for her.

Lisa was still standing incredibly close to her. The tip of her fingers brushed upon her chest, but there was nowhere for her to run. If Jennie leaned back any more, she would fall off the balcony— not that Lisa let her

Lisa had promised to make her stay in this palace. After tonight, she would never know the outside world anymore. This was going to be her home from now on. Wherever she went, her men would accompany her. There would not be a day she'd have to flinch from raised hands.

"And why should I do something for you?"

Jennie groaned. "You're nothing like the women I read in my fictional books."

Lisa scoffed. "They're fictional for a reason."

Jennie wondered what made those women so kind to their lovers. But then the thought sent her face flushing again. Lovers. It was an intimate title that didn't belong to Jennie and Lisa.

Jennie answered her own question. Somehow, she was a bit upset. Just a teeny, tiny bit upset.

"Everything comes with a price, dear Jennie." Lisa's voice had lowered into a coaxing murmur. Her breath fanned the side of her neck, cooling to the touch. Jennie shivered in response and subconsciously leaned closer to Lisa.

"There is no such thing as a free lunch." Lisa thumb brushed the bottom of her chin, grabbing the little thing with her fingers.

"T-then what would you like for your price?"