Chapter 82-Hidden In Plain Sight

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

In the outskirts of town, far, far from the prying eyes of people was a small, secluded cafe. It was initially a cottage, but the owners expanded it into a restaurant.

Due to the beautiful forest and the scenic flowers peppering the path there, it had become an attraction to many people; however, the restaurant was too small to cater to that many guests. The restaurant decided it was always a first come first serve basis. They took no reservations, no appointments, and didn't care for how important a guest was.

That is, until Lydia Claymore walked through the doors, brought off everyone waiting in line, and had the whole restaurant to herself, including the staff that came with her. Everyone occupying the seats either worked for Lydia or the Claymores, and there was no exception.

"Jennie!" The heiress squealed, shooting out of her chair when she saw a sleek black car stop directly in front of the cafe.

It was difficult for Lydia to find a place where the cameras couldn't reach them, and no one could disturb them. If they closed off a restaurant in the city, there would be crowds of people waiting outside, but this place was different. It was outside of town and a completely different environment.

The only people here had left, and none of them would know why. The path leading here was also blocked off, which meant no one could enter and no one could leave without the royal guard's permission.

Jennie had stepped out of the car when she heard a delicate chime of a bell. She turned her head in time to see a small white door swing open, and a woman in chiffon blue stepped out.

"Liddy!" Jennie softly gasped, even though she knew who she was meeting. "Oof," she laughed when Lydia clasped her into a tight embrace.

"You've seen me a few days ago," Jennie teased.

"But I missed you already!" Lydia whined.

Lydia grabbed her friend's hand and began pulling her into the cafe. In the blink of an eye, men in black surrounded her, guns ablaze. Just then, Lydia's people also raised their guns.

It was a stand-off that neither woman expected.

"It's fine," Jennie said, holding her hand up to prevent anything.

Jennie wondered why these guards were so antsy, especially when it was known to almost every one of their close relationships.

"I bet that overprotective husband of yours put them up to this!" Lydia seethed.

Jennie wryly smiled. "You don't know that, Liddy. Maybe, it's safety procedures."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Don't defend him in front of me, Jennie. I know that man, he's a snake. He's the kind of man to smile as he backstabs you."

Jennie brushed it off with a small laugh. She began walking with Lydia into the cafe, ignoring the bodyguards who glared at each other with disgust and irritation.

Her eyes glazed over the cute, quaint cafe. The roof was quite cute, made of tilted birch wood, with a small chimney and a faux bird's nest resting beside it.

"I'm serious," Lydia said. "You have to be careful around him. Any man that tries to prevent his women from having any close friends is not a good one..."

"I know, Liddy," Jennie said. "But he hasn't prevented me from meeting you today."

Jennie gestured to herself, "See, I made it here in one piece."