Chapter 63- - Lost His Mind

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Easton didn't understand the importance of watching over the Princess as she ate. Her hair covered half of her face when she ate. It created a curtain that blocked his view of her mouth.

However, she ate well, bringing the fork to her mouth multiple times before focusing on a different dish.

Easton was never one to question His Majesty's decisions. He remained by the grand walls of the dining room, staring at the Princess.

Eventually, she settled her utensils down and gingerly wiped her mouth with a handkerchief. He never realized it before but she was quite elegant. Her sitting posture was straight and her legs were planted perfectly upon the ground.

Easton supposed there were different sides to her than the demure and dreary one.

"All finished, Princess?" Easton asked once she rose to her feet. She did it in a way that the chair did not scrap behind her.

"Yes."

Easton glanced at her plate. He was surprised to see it was quite messy, with sliced up food, as if she had been playing with it. His attention shifted to the spring salad where the portion was halved. He didn't make a complaint, for he believed she ate.

Easton wondered if he should tell her that a lady shouldn't have such a messy plate. Then again, who would focus on her dish when she was the epitome of grace?

As if noticing his dubious stare, Jennie shifted the handkerchief over the plate, covering its remains.

"Would you mind preparing a car for me?"

Easton snapped back to reality. His eyes befell over her, widening in surprise. He quickly caught his composure and smiled again.

"What for, Princess?" Easton asked.

"It has been a few days since I've last seen my family," Jennie said. "I-I'd like to see them again. I heard my Aunt is bedridden."

Easton warily glanced upon her. He wondered if he should tell her that His Majesty had forbidden her from leaving the castle. A crystal cage was still a cage.

"I'm afraid that is not within my abilities, Princess," Easton said. "I'm not a butler, but just a good friend of His Majesty."

Jennie didn't realize she had offended him until now. Of course, he wasn't a butler. His brother was a politician, serving in the government.

"I apologize for insulting you," she muttered.

"That's alright, I'm quite forgiving, Princess," Easton said with a smile. He noted she had stammered earlier. But what for? His eyes flickered to her fingers, where she was anxiously fiddling it with each other.

"Perhaps you can ask His Majesty once he returns," Easton said.

Jennie lifted her head a bit more. She saw his sympathetic expression, like a relative turning the child away and directing them back to their parents.

"I'm sure he will be more than willing to accompany you anywhere that you wish," Easton warmly added on. His smile became more friendly, in hopes of convincing her to behave.

"I see."

"I'm happy that you understand, Princess—"

"So I am caged in this castle."