Chapter 4

All James could do was simply watch as Allie, Izzy and Eliza worked through their grief. As a family, they had always been so close so he knew exactly how hard this was going to be for them. He crouched down at the side of Allie, feeling her pain as she sat and stroked her Mum's hair which was splayed out around her.

It had been so very long since he had last seen her in person. She hadn't changed, she just looked more grown up and she certainly wasn't the teenager that he had known. However, even after so long, he could still feel what she was feeling just as he always had done when they were together. He knew Allie like the back of his hand. 

"Auror Potter, could you please come over here for a second?" James looked up at Melissa. Why did she look angry? He stood and followed her to the side of the Cafe. What could she possibly want in that moment?

"What's wrong?" James asked her, keeping his voice down so not to alert the three sister's who were lost in their grief. 

"Why are you looking at one of the Morez sisters like she's a goddess?! If you know them James you shouldn't be on this case and you know that!" Melissa whispered harshly, folding her arms across her chest. 

"Fine. I dated Allie when we were at School, I know all three sisters and their Mum." He told her honestly. He was afraid that she'd say that, but he really wanted to work on this case now. It was Eva for goodness sake!

"James! I wondered why you had one of their phone numbers! You shouldn't be here and you know that!" She told him.

"I know I know, but please Mel, I want to work on this case. Eva was the nicest person you could ever meet and I want to get justice for Allie, Izzy and Eliza." He begged her. This was not something he often did, but this was very important to him. He watched her face as she considered what he was saying. 

"Fine. But one foot out of line and you're off of the case! I want Richards to work on this with you." She told him, a smirk on her face. 

"Richards?! Melissa you can't be serious?!" He whispered, glancing over at Auror Richards who was stood watching Allie, Izzy and Eliza with wide eye's. He was obviously very overwhelmed by everything. 

"If you want to work on this case James, you get Richards." She told him sternly before she stepped away from him and walked slowly back over to the other Aurors. James simply sighed and walked back over to the three sister's who were now sat together at the side of their Mum. 

"I'm so very sorry to disturb you, but the Healers from St Mungos have arrived to take your Mother away now." James sighed again as Auror Davies delivered the news. 

"Can we say goodbye?" Allie quickly asked, looking up at Auror Davies in despair. 

"Of course." He nodded once and the other Aurors turned away. However, James couldn't bring himself to turn away; it was such a heartbreaking moment. 

"Goodbye Mum, I am so heartbroken that you've been taken away from us so soon." Izzy cried, kissing her Mum's forehead before sitting back. 

"I will always make sure that Mason knows how amazing his Grandma was and he'll hear about you everyday Mum. Rest in peace knowing that you did the best job at being our Mum and Mason's Grandma." Eliza cried, her tears dripping onto Eva's cold, pale face as she leant over her. 

"What am I going to do without you in London Mum?! I don't know if i'll ever get over this but I want you to know that I love you so much and you'll be with me for the rest of my life." Allie kissed her Mum and then nodded for the Healer's to take her away. 

All he could do was simply watch as the three sisters sat together in each other's arms, tears streaming down their faces as Eva's body was carried out of the door. He focussed on Allie as she buried her face in Eliza's shoulder. He couldn't remember ever seeing her so upset and it quite frankly broke his heart.