Chapter 35

"No." Was the only word that Allie said as they took in the sight of her apartment. She backed against the wall and began shaking uncontrollably. James stepped forward as his Auror instincts kicked in. 

"Allie stay where you are! Homenum Revelio." James grabbed his wand out of his pocket and stepped forward to cast the spell that revealed if there was anybody hiding within the house. He breathed out a sigh of relief when it came back blank and wandered into each room just to double check. 

When he walked back through to the open plan area, Allie was sat against the wall near the door, her arms wrapped around her knees and tears streaming down her face. She couldn't take her eye's off of the message on the wall and he suddenly realised just how truly terrified she was. She hadn't let on that she was scared about Melissa still being out there, but it was evident that she was.

"Hey it's ok." James sat down next to her and took her into his arm's. She rested her head against his shoulder and let the tears fall. He sighed and felt helpless. He wanted to help her so badly but he didn't know how other than to keep looking for Melissa. Once she had been captured life could go on without living in fear.

"When is this nightmare going to be over?" Allie cried, hiccuping over her tears. He held her tighter. How was he supposed to answer that?

"Soon, I promise I will get to the bottom of this and find Melissa." James told her. He was shocked by the sound of determination in his own voice. He and Xander has no idea where Melissa was and so far they didn't have many leads at all. 

"What if this isn't Melissa, James? Emilio had so many followers, it could be anyone." Allie exclaimed, pulling away from where she had been resting her head on his shoulder and looking up at him. 

"I'll get some Aurors in here to do some checks." He told her. However, he was certain that this was Melissa and maybe a few of Rossa's followers who had decided to follow after her. 

"What do we do now?" Allie asked him as he helped her up off of the floor and walked towards the sofa, which James had turned the right way up with his wand. 

"Well that's up to you. We can go somewhere safer or we can stay here, obviously i'll move in straight away so that you won't be alone. But I also think that you shouldn't be here on your own, maybe when I have to go to work for a mission you go and stay with Eliza and Mason?" James suggested as he got to work turning the furniture the right way round and putting things back where they belonged.

He worried about her being there on her own, what if something were to happen to her whilst he wasn't there? It wasn't even worth thinking about....

"I'm not running again, this time i'm staying put. Will you help me put some protection spells up?" Allie asked, surprising him. She sounded so brave and he really commended that; this was a difficult situation to be in after all. 

"Of course, you didn't have any before?" James asked, surprised because most witches and wizards had protection spells on their home's. 

"No, it's never something i've had to think about before." Allie told him with a shrug of her shoulder's. 

"Fair enough." James shrugged as he removed the writing from the wall and hung the picture back up of Allie, Eliza, Izzy and Eva. They both stared at the picture for a while. They had both learnt so much about Eva and her past during this whole mess and it made James wonder what else they didn't know about her.

"Oh Mum what mess did you get yourself into?" Allie spoke aloud, obviously thinking the same as James. 

"Did they tell you much?" James asked suddenly as he sat next to her, he wasn't sure what she knew about Eva as he hadn't told her a lot.