Chapter 12

"James, Auror Dawson, come in quickly." James immediately stepped into the apartment when Allie opened the door and began scanning the room for anything that could be amiss.

He had been at dinner with Melissa when he had received Allie's patronus and he had left the restaurant straight away, much to Melissa's annoyance. She had complained the entire way to Allie's apartment and James was utterly sick of her. 

"What is it?" James asked as he looked around, ignoring the look on Melissa's face.

"This." She simply handed him a note off of the Kitchen Counter. He read it quickly, sensing Melissa's presence over his shoulder. He turned to look at her with a look to say, 'I told you it was important.'" 

"Where is Izzy now?" Melissa asked, waving her wand around the room, doing different checks to make sure that they were completely safe.

"She's on the phone at home, but she and Dan, her fiancé, are going to his mother's house." Allie told her. James took the phone from Allie quickly. 

"Izzy? It's James. Get to Dan's mother's as quickly as possible and Auror Dawson will be down to meet you all and make it your safe house. Do you understand?" James asked her quickly. He was so scared for not only Allie's safety, but also Izzy and Eliza's. 

"Yes I understand but what about Allie, i'm worried about her safety?" Izzy asked, her voice sounding panicked. James could sympathise with her, he felt the exact same way. 

"I am going to move Allie somewhere safe personally." He told her. He had immediately made the decision. There was no way that he was going to trust a safe house, he had to protect Allie personally. 

"You are?" Melissa asked him, her eyebrow raised questioningly. She looked bitter at the thought, but at that moment, James really didn't care. She wasn't the one who was in danger. 

"Yes I am Melissa and we haven't got time to talk about this. I'm lead Auror on this case am I not?" He challenged her. She looked away from him, clearly annoyed that he was right. 

"Yes. Ok, Izzy i'm going to bring Auror Tate with me. See you soon." Melissa gave James and Allie one last look before disapparating on the spot. 

"Izzy, i'm going to ask Allie to get her things so that I can move her ok. Auror Dawson should be with you imminently. Call if you need us." James told Izzy, then he handed the phone back to Allie. He had to get her out of there, and fast. 

"Iz, be safe I love you." Allie breathed. He watched her as she spoke to her sister, she was utterly terrified and he felt the exact same way. 

"You be safe too, I love you." Izzy put the phone down and Allie sighed, placing her mobile phone into her pocket. 

"Allie I need you to breathe and go and pack all of your essential things ok? I'm going to send a patronus to Eliza and i'll tell her that you'll call her later. I have two Aurors on their way to her as we speak." James told her quickly. Allie nodded and disappeared off down a corridor. 

He took out his wand and conjured his stag patronus, the same as his Dad's, and sent word to Eliza to look out for the Aurors and to pack bags immediately for the three of them. He knew that Eliza would be the hardest sister to convince to leave her home and he didn't envy the Aurors travelling down to see her. 

He headed down the corridor in the direction that Allie had disappeared in and stood leaning against the door frame, just watching her frantically pack countless things into a suitcase. He was so ridiculously scared for her safety after what had happened to Eva. He couldn't let a single hair on her head be touched by somebody who wanted to harm her and he would make sure of it.