Chapter 29

The day had finally arrived. The day that would change Allie's life forever. She stood in the middle of the bedroom on the podium that Katerina had chucked through the door earlier that morning and stared into space, tears dripping down her face. 

Just over a week had passed since the horrific meeting and Allie just knew that Eliza had to be dead by now. She absolutely hated the fact that she didn't know either way, but she still mourned her sister and her unborn niece or nephew. Why oh why had Emilio instructed Ryan to kill her when she was innocent?!

Around her, people bustled around getting her ready and making sure that she was absolutely perfect. But the one thing they didn't know was that Allie wasn't going to go through with it. Emilio had promised that he wouldn't hurt her family, James and his family if she did as she was told and yet he had. If he couldn't keep his promise she certainly wasn't going to keep hers. 

"Alivia! Stop crying! You are ruining your make up and Theresa is getting frustrated keep having to touch it up!" Katerina snapped, looking up at Allie with a glare. Allie didn't respond to her, she just stared straight ahead. She felt emotionless and she had never felt like that before in her life. 

"You can keep on ignoring Katerina all you like Alivia, but this is still happening." Oh yes, she had temporarily forgotten that Melissa had been roped into helping her get ready. At this point Allie couldn't stand the sight of her and she wanted nothing more than to shoot a stunning spell at her, just to knock her out for a little while. 

"Here we go, you're ready to go. We will have your father come in to see you." Katerina moved the full length mirror in front of her and Allie was finally forced to look at her reflection. She hated to admit that she felt beautiful, she never would aloud. The dress was perfect and exactly something she would have chosen if she had actually chosen to get married. It was sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline and had a fitted bodice that ended at her waist and flowed out into a beautiful skirt. It wasn't too big and that's just how she imagined her dream dress being. 

The hairdressers had left her brown wavy locks and had taken the top of her hair and twisted it into a neat pattern at the back of her head. Just below where her hair had been sectioned off, a full length veil had been clipped just underneath the pattern. The veil was as long as the dress which added an extra layer at the back. Allie couldn't help but think that it was very heavy. 

"How are you feeling about your upcoming nuptials Allie?" Melissa smirked as Katerina left the room to locate Emilio.

"There won't be any nuptials. I'm not getting married." Allie spat, not daring to look at Melissa. If she did, she was afraid that she might attack her. 

"Ha! We'll see about that! I get that you're just bitter because you couldn't keep James all to yourself. I suppose you wish that it was him you were marrying right now. Well read my lips when I say that that will never happen, we're going for a drink later and there might just happen to be a slight bit of draught of living death in his fire whisky." Melissa smirked. Allie froze at her words, she was meeting James that day?

"Just because you're jealous that he chose me Melissa." Allie smirked, she desperately wanted to punish her for everything that she had done. Of course, she knew that James hadn't broken up with Melissa to start a relationship with her, she just wanted to push Melissa's buttons.

"I'm not jealous because you don't get him, even if he did choose you. If I can't have him, neither of us will." She smirked, swinging a vile in front of Allie's face. 

Just then, the door burst open and in walked Emilio. At the sight of her, a large smile crossed his face and he walked towards her. He paused once, before walking around Allie as if to see her from every angle, before he stopped at her left side. Allie looked down at him and nearly rolled her eyes at the tear in his eye.