Chapter 30

James sat in the sitting room at Evelyn and Melina Morris' safe house in awe at the information that they had for him. He knew that this was the right move. He had to be one step closer to Allie now. 

"So can I just confirm this so that I get it right? Eva was involved with a man called Edward Rowe at School and he is the father of Isabela, Elizabeth and Alivia?" James asked, confirming what Evelyn had just told him. 

"Yes that's right. They were very much in love whilst they were at Hogwarts, just ask Melina, she was a good friend of Eva's." Evelyn confirmed with a nod of her head.

"Yeah they were, they were in such shock when Eva found out she was pregnant aged just seventeen and that's when things turned dangerous. You see Edward had a twin brother, Eric Rowe and he had also fallen for the charms of a Morez woman." Melina told him. 

"Hang on, another Morez woman?" James asked, going back over what she had just said. Allie had never told him that her Mum had had a sister!

"Yes, Esmeralda Morez. She and Eva were twins. They came to Hogwarts aged eleven and were disowned by their parents because they were witches, both of them came to live with Melina and I up until they were seventeen." Evelyn nodded. Esmeralda, where had James seen that name before?

"Ok so what happened next?" James asked. Evelyn and Melina looked at each other, obviously unsure whether or not to tell him what they knew. But Evelyn nodded once and she began to tell him everything. 

"Although they were the same age as Eva and Edward, Eric and Esmeralda already had plans to marry. They married straight out of Hogwarts and he took over his deceased father's family business. They then decided that they needed a child to carry on with the family business once they both passed on, however Esmeralda had been born without any reproductive organs and because of this Eric nearly left her and..." Evelyn cut off at the end, obviously upset with what happened next.

"This is when things turned nasty. Edward was extremely devoted to his brother and his family and they made a deal; Eva had found out that she was having triplets and Edward promised his brother that he could choose one of the children to keep and raise as his own with Esmeralda. Eva wasn't included in any of this and when the day came that the girls were born, Eric and Esmeralda arrived at the hospital and Eva argued and told them that they weren't having her children. Edward went back on his word when he saw his girls born and Eric wasn't happy." Melina explained. 

"That was when he and Esmeralda made a deal with Eva and she promised to keep it. She could keep the children and raise them as sisters but when the time was right he and Esmeralda would take her. However, Eva kept putting it off for years and years, always saying that the time wasn't right and we think that was how she met her demise. That poor, sweet girl." Evelyn cried, wiping a tear from underneath her eye.

"Oh merlin, this wasn't what I expected at all....but wait, please forgive my rudeness, but where do you both fit into this story?" James muttered, taking it all in. 

"Well when Eva first had the children, she and Edward came to live with us for a little while. That was until the day that Eric came looking for his brother and murdered him right in front of our eye's and that was when we found out their true identity." Melina explained.

"Their true identity?" James asked.

"Yes, you see Eric and Edward Rowe weren't their real names at all. They were sent to school with false names to cover up their ties to their family business...the Rossa family business. Edward Rowe was actually Edwardo Rossa and Eric Rowe.....Emilio Rossa." Evelyn could barely say his name out of fear. 

Then it hit him. Everything made sense now, the newsletter where they had called Allie Alivia Rossa, him hunting Allie down but not pursuing Izzy and Eliza. Allie had been the child that Emilio and Esmeralda had chosen when she was born and now he wanted to keep her as his possession. As his child. He then realised where he'd seen the name Esmeralda; it had been in the newsletter and they had called her Allie's mother. He had to get her out of there and fast.