Chapter 37

"Oh hi darling, it's nice to see you." James kissed his Mum on the cheek as he walked into the Kitchen of his parent's house. 

"Hi Mum." He smiled as he took a seat at the dining table.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" She asked, drying her hands on a tea towel and then taking a seat in the chair at the end of the table.

"We?" James asked, looking around for signs of someone else in the house.

"Lily is upstairs and your Dad is in his office." She shrugged. 

"Oh, i'll go and say hello in a moment" He smiled "Anyway, I brought you this from Izzy and Dan. She said she apologises for not sending you one sooner and to promise that it wasn't an afterthought, she's just been busy with the will stuff."

"Oh how kind of them, we would love to attend." She grinned as she read the wedding invitation that Izzy and Dan had sent for them. They were due to get married the following week and Izzy had been mortified that she'd forgotten to send his Mum, Dad, Lily, Albus and Danielle an invitation. 

"I'll tell her. I want to talk to you about something." James told her honestly. He was so nervous about speaking to his Mum about this and he didn't really know why, he had always been able to talk to her about anything. 

"That sounds ominous....go on." She gestured for him to carry on talking.

"Eva left me something in her will. Read this." He pulled the small box out of his pocket along with the letter that she had left for him. His Mum cleared her throat and read it aloud:

"James, 

You're probably very confused as to why i've left you an item in my will and probably even more confused as you read this letter. From the moment that I met you and saw you and my Alivia together I knew that you were the one for her. The way her eyes light up  when you're in the room is a kind of love that is special and I want the very best for both of you.

Of course, I do not know what the situation is between you both at the moment. For all I know, you could be married by the time you're reading this, but I hope not. I just wanted to express my opinion and make sure that I give my Alivia the best chance in life.

I know that I am going to die, which is why i'm writing so many letters at the moment. It hurts that I won't be around to see my girl's grow older and get married, but this is my way of providing the best life that I can for the three of them. They are my greatest blessings.

In the box is the engagement ring that Eliza, Izzy and Allie's Dad gave to me when we found out we were expecting the girl's. He was the love of my life until I found out about his betrayal and I was heartbroken when he was taken away, that is all I will say about that. My point is that this ring signifies true, deep love because I knew that he loved me, he was just a very troubled man who was born into the wrong family. 

If there is any chance at all that you still harbour any feelings for my Alivia, then go to her and tell her what is in your heart. Allie just wants to hear you say it, so don't let there be any doubt. If it gets to the point, then please give her this ring and ask her to marry you. 

I could not imagine her with anyone but you James, you made her so unbelievably happy and I know that you will love and protect her for the rest of your life. In return Allie will do the exact same because she loves you with her whole heart.

And that, I can promise you. 

I hope to see you in the next life and I hope to watch over you and Allie someday.

Yours Faithfully,

Eva Morez"

James watched as his Mum took in what she had just read. She placed her letter down on the table and sat back in her seat, clearly contemplating the words that Eva had written to him.