Chapter 40

"Are you sure that your Grandma is ok with Mason running around?" Allie asked James as they walked up the front path leading to the Burrow on Christmas Day morning. The Burrow was the home of James' Grandma and Grandad Weasley and Allie had visited many times whilst she had dated James when they were younger. She loved how homely it was and what Allie loved about James' Grandma Molly and Grandad Arthur was that they were so welcoming and lovely people. All of James' family were welcoming. 

"Yes! She wouldn't have invited them if she wasn't! She's got more Grandchildren than I can be bothered to count Allie, she really doesn't care." James insisted, rolling his eyes at her with an amused grin. She didn't blame him as that was the third time she asked him since Molly had asked Eliza and Mason to attend Christmas dinner at their house.

"Ok, ok, i'll stop asking now." She smiled as James pushed the front door open. As always, the Burrow was rammed with people when they entered. When they had whole family gatherings it was always a struggle to fit people in. They had eventually resorted to hosting Christmas dinner outside in their marquee because the Weasley children kept having more children. 

"James! Allie, merry Christmas! It's so nice to see you both!" James' Aunt Hermione was stood in the Kitchen beside her husband, Ron Weasley. Hermione Granger-Weasley was a lovely, strong minded lady who Allie admired a lot. Not to mention that she was Minister for Magic. 

"Merry Christmas! It's lovely to see you Hermione- I mean-" Allie cut off when she realised that she should call her Minister. 

"Please Allie, i'm still Hermione to my family." She smiled, reassuring Allie that it was ok to still call her by her given name. 

"Merry Christmas Aunt Hermione, Uncle Ron, it's nice to see you both." James smiled, hugging them both.

"Nice to see you Allie, how are you keeping?" Ron asked her politely. 

"Oh you know, i'm ok. Enjoying the baking." Allie smiled. She could never admit how she was truly feeling to anyone, not even James. 

Ever since the ordeal at her apartment, she had been absolutely terrified of Melissa coming back for her again. She knew that she shouldn't be because she had the utmost security and no one ever left her alone these days. However, she always felt that she was being watched and that it was only a matter of time before Melissa struck. She just couldn't anticipate what she might do. 

"Good." Ron gave her a sympathetic smile. If anyone understood what she was going through, it was Harry, Ron and Hermione after what they had been through during the second wizarding world. 

"There's my favourite sister-in-law....and James. Merry Christmas!!" Lily came bounding in the Kitchen and engulfed Allie into a tight hug.

"Lily, stop with the sister-in-law thing." Allie laughed as she loosened Lily's grip on her.

"You're basically my sister Allie so what's the point." She shrugged as she moved to hug James.

"Merry Christmas to you to Lil, nice to know that you remembered i'm here." James rolled his eyes as he broke the hug.

"You should know that Allie is her favourite these days." Rose laughed from where she was stood by the Kitchen sink. 

"Hi! Merry Christmas." Allie smiled, moving towards Rose to give her a hug. 

"Merry Christmas!" Rose smiled sincerely. 

"Finally you're here! Please please can you watch over Mason, he's running around Molly's sitting room like a gremlin." Eliza waddled into the Kitchen looking positively fed up. She was huge now and growing closer to her due date.