Chapter 24

"James you look positively fed up, how are things?" James sighed and looked up at his Aunt Hermione as they sat at the Kitchen table in the Burrow two weeks since he had visited Knockturn Alley.

"I won't lie, they're not great. Has Dad kept you updated on Allie's case?" James asked her, looking up at her from where he was resting his head in his hand's. 

"Of course, last I heard you'd gathered intel that he's hiding out in Yorkshire?" She looked to him for confirmation.

"That's it. I've started narrowing down places where he could be but nothing has come up. At first I was confident that I knew how to find him. I went to Melissa and asked if she'd assist me in identifying homes where magic was being used on this new tracker system that we have, but every house she gave me came up blank. Now i've reached another dead end." He sighed. He felt deflated, even more so than he did two weeks ago. It had now been a month she had been taken and he was becoming impatient. 

"I am confident that you will find her James, just keep following the leads you have and think outside of the box. You always do, just like your Dad." She gave him a reassuring smile. 

"And when you find her are you finally going to tell her how you feel or what?" James rolled his eyes as Fred sat down at the table, a knowing look on his face. 

"I wish you'd stop, when I find Allie the first thing I will do is make sure that she's ok." James told him. 

"Well of course, but after that?" Fred suggested, a smile on his face. 

"Merlin you sound just like Lily." James laughed a little. He couldn't help thinking that that was the first time he'd laughed in a long time. 

"Who sounds like me?" Lily walked into the Kitchen holding a plate with a slice of chocolate cake on. 

"Do you have supersonic hearing or something? How is it that you're always there?" James shook his head and rolled his eyes as she sat down in the chair beside him. 

"I just have the ability to know when someone is talking about me." She shrugged as she stabbed the slice of cake with her fork and began to eat it. 

"So lady like Lil." Fred laughed as she watched her eat. 

"She's just like her Mum. Ginny used to hear absolutely every single conversation that your Dad, your Uncle Ron and I had." Aunt Hermione laughed. 

"And it was a good job I did because it kept you lot safe half of the time." They all laughed as James' Mum walked in, a smirk on her face. 

"See! I told you." Aunt Hermione laughed as Ginny took the seat beside her with a smile. 

"Anyway, what were you talking about?" Lily asked, suddenly looking very interested in the conversation that James, Fred and his Aunt Hermione had been having when she walked into the Kitchen. 

"James' love for Allie." Fred shrugged, a mischievous smirk on his face. 

"Oh I just wish you'd admit it James! You haven't slept for days and I know that you won't stop until you find her. Now that you've gotten rid of Melissa-" 

"Lily..." James smiled a little as his Mum cut Lily off with a warning voice.

"I mean now that you and Melissa have broken up, you have the opportunity to tell her James and live happily ever after, the end." She grinned looking so excited at the thought of James and Allie rekindling their relationship.

"Right now my number one priority is finding Allie and bringing her home to Izzy and Eliza in one piece. That's all i'm saying." He told her with a shrug. No way would he admit to Lily that his feelings for Allie had never left and that he did plan to tell her how he felt when he found her. She would become too excited and probably start planning a wedding.