2

ALYSSA

"Are you sure you have everything?" I ask Liv.

"Yes," she replies shutting the trunk of Tristan's car.

"How long is the journey?"

"13 hours," she mutters, her tone trickling with annoyance. 

"shit, 13 hours in a car with Tristan." I laugh, looking down at the time on my phone, 8 pm.

"Tell me about it," she mutters.

"Call me as soon as you get home, okay?" I say.

"Will do." she smiles.

The realisation dawned on me that Olivia and Tristan were actually leaving. I won't see them for months. I hug Olivia tightly, tears rolled down my cheek.

"I love you." I sniffle. 

"I love you too," she whispers.

"Alright butterfly, you ready?" Tristan asks, walking out of my house with his suitcase.

"Yes, I am," Liv replies, wiping her tears.

"Alyssa I'm going to miss you," he says, embracing me in a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you too," I mumble.

"I love you, be safe," he says and I smile.

"I love you too."

He let go of me and put a scrunched-up paper in my hand. He closes my palm, I look up at him and furrowed my brows.

"Ezra's number, call him whenever you want to," he mutter.

I smile lightly, putting the piece of paper in my back pocket.

He walks off to the car and my eyes shifted to a furious-looking Elliot who was standing at the front door. I raised my brow at him and he shook his head and walked back inside slamming the door behind him.

I ignore his childish behaviour.

"I love you guys so much, I'll see you soon."

Liv waved me off and as soon as they were out of my vision, I went back inside.

I miss them already.

"Elliot," I call out.

He was sitting at the kitchen counter drinking the alcohol left out from last night, I thought he quit.

"What are you doing?" I ask nervously.

"Nothing, but what are you doing?" he questions, standing up.

"Nothing?" I say, confusedly.

"Hugging that dickhead as if he's your boyfriend."

Not this again. "Oh come on Elliot, he's my best friend I haven't seen him for years," I answer.

He scoffs, "Sure, what else happened when he was here?" he asks.

"Are you being serious?" I ask, my brows raised in shock at his attempt to accuse me of cheating on him.

"Deadly," he cruelly replies before chugging another glass of alcohol.

"Get out," I demand, anger seeping in my body.

"No," he stubbornly replies.

"I don't want to talk to you when you're like this," I command, walking towards the front door.

He stalked towards me and I took steps back until my back hit the wall behind me. My breathing shallowed.

"Continue whoring around." he grits before walking towards the door.