32

EZRA

Today's the day I'm asking Alyssa out on a date.
I run my fingers through her hair as she slept. It's only fitting, we've been sleeping together for weeks now. I was awake earlier today. She usually wakes up before me and runs out of the room before I see her. Not today though. I want to be here when she wakes up.

She stirs in my arms and I stop playing with her hair. She groans and slowly sits up. "Good morning."

She rubs her eyes and turns around to look at me. "Oh, you're awake. Did I make you uncomfortable?" she asks.

"Nope." I reply.

"You're awake early." she notes.

"I wanted to see you before you ran out of the room."

She turned away from me but I swear she blushed. "I didn't think you'd notice."

I tut my tongue, "Well if I go to sleep with a beautiful girl in my arms and when I wake up she's gone. I'm pretty sure I would notice."

She laughs. "Well good morning."

I grin at her. She wasn't even doing anything but I just couldn't stop smiling at her.

The words I want to take you out on a date were on the tip of my tongue, she stand up from the bed and walks to the bathroom. I sigh. I reach for my phone. There are only two people who will know what to do in this situation.

Me: I have a confession to make

Tristan: we aren't Jesus. Go to church.

Liv: *laughing emoji*

Me: fuck you first of all.

Tristan: always hurting my feelings. :/

What the fuck is that.

Liv: what's your confession?

Me: I want to take Alyssa out on a date.

Liv: WHAT. I'm screaming behind the phone right now.

Tristan: you've grown a pair of balls. I'm proud of you.

I chuckle to myself. Alyssa appears from the bathroom. "What's funny?" she asks.

"Nothing," I reply.

                                      •••

After assistance from Liv and Tristan, I finally master the perfect date plan, now I just need to ask.

I clear my throat and knocked on her door. I tighten my hands into fists. Why am I sweating?

Her door opens and she smiles. "You don't need to knock." she laughs. "Come in."

I give her a tight-lipped grin and she begins to walk back to her bed. "Go on a date with me tonight." I breathe out quickly

She freezes qnr slowly turns to me. "Me and you on a date?" she repeats.

"Yes, I have it all planned. All you need to do is get ready and I'll pick you up at 6."

She glances at her phone. "It's 4:30."

"All the more reason for you to answer my question. You're wasting precious time when you can get ready."

One thing about Alyssa is that she takes ages to get ready.

"Yes." she reply.

Oh my fucking god.

                                       •••