35

ALYSSA

"At least we passed." Ezra says.

"Yeah well done guys." Jennifer smiles.

It had been over a month since we finished our project and Ezra and I received our grades today. We both got an A on the project. I was beyond relieved. Jen insisted we had sushi for dinner, who was I to complain? Ezra on the other hand hated Sushi.

Fucking freak.

"I'll tolerate the sushi today but I do want pizza soon."

"Of course." Jen smiles.

The doorbell rang, and Ezra excused himself to answer the door. "Are you ready for prom tomorrow?" my mom asks.

"Yes, I am." I grin.

Liv and I pick up our dresses today and I love mine. I had chosen silk, emerald green dress, with a slit down the leg. I haven't let Ezra see my dress yet, even though he has been unbelievably annoying about it, but I did tell him the colour so he could match his tie with me.

"Your dress is beautiful." Jen whispers in my ear.

Of course Jen has seen it.

"Thank you." I grin.

Ezra took way too long at the door, so I excuse myself from the table and headed towards the front door.

"Who invited you?" Ezra asks, eyeing someone at the door.

I couldn't see who it was until I moved around the door next to Ezra. Elijah stood at the door, holding a box of pizza.

"Hi, Elijah." I politely greet him.

"Hi Alyssa, can I come in?" he smiles.

"Yes, of course you can."

Ezra grunts beside me, gripping the door harder. I roll my eyes and shoved him out of the way and opened the door wider welcoming Elijah in. He held the pizza out for Ezra. Ezra furrows his brows in confusion.

"Maddie mentioned you liked pizza." Elijah shrugs.

"Thank you." Ezra says, with a small, confused smile. 

Maybe it's the start of their relationship.

Ezra, Elijah and I walk into the kitchen. Maddie saw Elijah and immediately ran to him, hugging him. I could hear her asking him if he was okay. He just hugged her tighter. So freaking adorable. He awkwardly kissed her cheek, I think he could feel Ezra's glare. Ezra eventually sits and Maddie quickly kissed Elijah on the lips and sat back down. "Elijah it's nice to see you." Jen smiles.

"What's up with the surprise visit?" Ezra bluntly asks.

"I received some bad news from my family and I needed to get away. Maddie said it was okay...I'm sorry for intruding on your family time." he mutters.

"No." I immediately interrupt. "You're welcome here all the time."

"Yeah I guess you are." Ezra whispers, resulting in me kicking his leg under the table.

Maddie and Elijah excused themselves from the table. "Keep the bedroom door open." Ezra calls out.

"Fine." Maddie responds.

                                          •••