16

EZRA

"Come on." I mutter, escorting her inside the house.

"Ezra, I can walk on my own you know." she laughs.

I tut my tongue. "Remind me how many times you sprained your ankle when we were little."

She fully laughs. "If I remember correctly all of those times were your fault."

I shrug. "No you wouldn't listen to me that is why."

"Where's the fun in that?" she says, sheepishly grinniny.

I grin and we walk inside. Maddie came running downstairs. "I thought something bad happened."

"You can't get rid of me that easily." Alyssa jokes.

Maddie laughs. My mom and her parents walked in after us. They headed straight to the kitchen. "Do you want to go to your room?" I ask.

She nods. "Yeah please."

We walk to her room, and she opens the door and sighs. "I have never missed a bed more in my life."

I chuckle. "Where are they?" I ask.

Her brows furrow until she realised what I was talking about. She visibly gulped and pointed to her bedside table. I walk over to the table and found the packet. There were originally 30 tablets and there were now only 26. "Where did you get them from?" I ask, eyeing the packet. I can't believe this.

"Some dealer from California." she says, as she took off her jacket.

I look down at the pills in my hand. "You won't take them again, right?"

She nods. "I won't. I know enough," she mumbles.

I tilt my head as I looked at her. "Will you ever tell me what happened to you?"

"I'm not sure." she mumbles, avoiding eye contact.

"What can I do for you to tell me?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know."

"I'll wait for you Alyssa. I fucked up your trust I know that and I'm going to be patient with you until you are ready to tell me what happened to you."

Her eyes glistened slightly. "Thank you."

"Good night Alyssa." I say, turning around to the door.

"Good night." she whispers.