Chapter 4.

"Hector!!"

Sera sprinted toward me and damn near tackled me to the ground in a hug. I grunted and hugged her back, chuckling at her enthusiasm. If there's one thing I know about this girl, she gets REAL excited over simple things like having ONE good thing happens. And it could be small like a simple compliment. But that's one of the many quirks I love about her.

"It's good to see you too." I said.

"Man, this dream just keeps getting better!" She said.

Hold on, she thinks this is a dream? Oh that's right, she's 5 hours behind me with the timezones. She was asleep while I was wide awake, no wonder she thinks this is a dream. But...I'll tell her later, too many people in the lobby right now. Plus, no offense, but she could REALLY freshen up.

"Yeah I know I smell and am wearing dirty clothes, Hector." She said.

I would be caught off guard if I didn't know that Sera could read my figure. But she's guessed what I've been thinking or doing with such accuracy so many times I'm not even surprised. One of her many quirks as well.

"Well uh, why do you?" I ask.

She giggled, "Well, I've been living up on that mountain for the past day and a half with a bunch of Garchomps and pre-evolutions."

"Wait you serious?"

"Yeah! That's how I met my Garchomp, he evolved from a Gabite earlier today in a battle. I'll tell you more once I'm all clean."

"Fair enough."

Sera quickly rushed towards the stairs with her Pokémon in close pursuit, both of them rushed up the stairs to find their room. Always so full of energy, almost like she drank every type of energy drink in existence. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. But she's still really energetic.

Although what I can't wrap my head around is that she appeared in this world too. Does that mean other friends of ours randomly appeared here too? We do have a lot of mutual friends, some love this Fandom while one or 2 are confused whenever we talk about it. I wonder how well that would go.

For now, all I know is that my friend is in desperate need of some new clothes and actual shoes. Last time I checked slippers aren't very good hiking shoes, and she's not gonna get far without them. Luckily I'm good with a pair of sneakers and clean clothes, I was headed to the grocery store back home.

Maybe I'll gift her a fresh change of clothes by going shopping.

*   *   *   *

I had gotten out of the shower with my hair wrapped in a towel and myself in a Pokémon center bathrobe. Hot water was JUST what I needed to clean up. Fortunately, there was already a small bottle of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and even a loofah. Kinda like a fancy hotel I stayed at when I went to Las Vegas with my mom and brother.

When I looked out the window, I saw that the sun was just starting to go down. Jeez, how long was I in the shower? I was thinking maybe 20 minutes as I don't usually take that long, but it was late in the afternoon when we got here. Maybe that's the explanation.

Garchomp was sitting on one of the beds, watching me as I came out of the bathroom with a head tilt.

"I just got all clean and managed to get the dirt off, wish I could change into some clean clothes and not walk around in a bathrobe."

The land shark simply shrugged. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Sera? You in there?" It was Hector.