Chapter 50.

Later in the evening, my dad came down and started cooking the burgers on the grill, the smell was so good I wanted to cry from how much I missed it. Garchomp was VERY interested in the scent too, his face glued to watching my father through the screen door at his little portable grill outside.

"Why is he staring at me?" He asks.

"He smells the burgers. Could he have one of the extra ones when they're ready?"

We always have at least 2 or 3 extra left over from the usual 8 that we put in the fridge for later, so him having one wouldn't hurt anything.

"I mean, alright. I'd rather not get eaten."

"Dad, he doesn't eat people. Let alone I don't think he's actually hurt anybody who didn't deserve it."

Garchomp gave my father an unamused look, probably would be raising an eyebrow if he had one. I only shook my head and walked into the kitchen, seeing my mom put a bunch of French fries in the toaster oven. Lulu watched with full undivided attention while Tyrunt watched with curiosity, the little T-Rex tilting his head.

"What, is this one hungry?" She asks.

"He already ate earlier while back in his world, so he should be good until tomorrow."

"Ruuunt."

My mom kneeled down and pet him, the little T-Rex smiled and pushed his blocky head into her chest. She grunted loudly and laughed, Lulu does this to us all the time so we know what it's like.

"What kind is he?"

"You mean what typing is he? He's a Rock and Dragon type."

"And the big one?"

She gestured to Garchomp, who turned his head toward us upon hearing 'the big one'. To be fair, he's the tallest one out of everyone here that can fit inside.

"Garchomp is a Dragon and Ground type. He can swim through the ground like it's water, and actually doesn't really go near water that much. Ironic as he's a shark."

"Huh..."

Soon enough, dinner was ready  I was sooo ready to have something that wasn't croquettes or anything else. Yeah I know there was other food, just not the stuff I'm used to. I got myself 2 burgers and a generous amount of fries, sprinkling some salt on the fries and taking a seat at the kitchen table.

I then dug into my first burger, the meaty and cheesy taste I missed so much filled my mouth. Oh gosh I missed this SOOOO much, the Pokémon world doesn't really have much beefy food if you think about it. Oh well, I'm not there right now, just enjoy the burger while I can. And boy did I. My first burger was gone and I moved onto the fries.

Garchomp stared at me as I ate my fries and so did Tyrunt, I could see the drool forming they looked so desperate.

"You 2 wanna try one?" I ask.

They nod. I sighed and gave them each a salted French fry, Garchomp gently took it in his mouth while Tyrunt quickly snatched it like a damn piranha.

"Eeeeasy Tyrunt. I'd like to keep my fingers, thank you." I told him.

The T-Rex frowned as he ate his fry, swallowing it. Maybe he didn't like it, or he didn't like the salt I put on it. I got another fry and wiped the salt off of it, giving him another. He was much gentler when taking the fry, this time smiling as he ate it.

"Ahhh so it's the salt you don't like."

"Ty."

"Are you sure that people food is good for them?" My dad asks.