Chapter 42.

*   *   *   *

The next day, it was time for us to leave. Gyarados was doing much better now and was returned to her Ultra ball, all set and ready to go. Everything was still drying up from the heavy downpour the day before, but we were able to go and head out. We got into Cynthia's car and headed off.

If we don't make many more stops, we could be there by the end of today or early tomorrow. Probably early tomorrow would be the best course of action, we won't be too tired to storm the place and quite possibly destroy it. Cyrus is MINE to deal with, and I'll do it MY way. I'm not gonna kill him, but I can't promise that Garchomp or any of my other Pokémon won't.

We drove for a while and were now cruising through some familiar areas that my friends and I had passed through already, like Veilstone City where Reggie and Paul live. Been a minute since we've been here, earning the Cobble Badge from Maylene. Cynthia drove through the streets, respectful of the laws, but also trying to get through quickly.

It also feels weird that the passenger seat is where the usual drivers seat is in America, and driving on the Left side of the road is freaking WEIRD. Yeah yeah I know the rest of the world but America does it but I don't care, it's weird! The world is weird, I'll leave it at that.

Pikachu and I watched the passing buildings as we drove past them, watching the people and their Pokémon stare at us as we did. More so at Cynthia than Pikachu and I, but she was more focused on driving. She may be the Champion, but she's still a person. Same goes to celebrities and YouTubers, they're just people who are more well known. It's no big deal really.

"Not much longer until we're through Veilstone." She said.

"Awesome!"

And she was right, it took maybe 10 more minutes of fighting a little bit of traffic and we made it out of Veilstone. I wish I could've said hi to Reggie and Paul, but time is not my friend right now. Maybe once all of this is over. Being back on the road is honestly such a relaxing feeling, seeing new places and meeting new people is nice.

No, we're on a mission. That stuff can wait.

~

After nearly an entire day with very few stops except for food and bathroom breaks, we finally decided to stop for the night. Not much really happened so I won't bore anyone with that. Right now, Cynthia and I were eating dinner at yet another Pokémon Center. So many of these places everywhere like damn, and I'm getting a little sick and tired of having the same things to eat.

Nothing personal to the chefs, but I'd LOVE a pizza or cheeseburger or taco right about now. Eating the same kind of foods for a month gets a little bit old, hell I usually don't even like eating the same thing for dinner 2 nights in a row. I just need some variety.

"You not very hungry?" Cynthia asks.

I looked up from my plate.

"Somewhat, I just miss the food from home. Not that I don't like the food here, I've just had so much of it that I want some variety."

"What kind of food do you have where you come from?"

"Actually, all kinds. In America, we're a sort of cultural mixture of other countries ethnic foods. Honestly? There's so much variety it's amazing. One day you could have Italian like noodles or pizza, the next you could have Chinese egg rolls. I'm not personally a fan of noodles or Chinese food, but I think you'd like the food where I live."

"That's amazing, it sounds wonderful where you live besides what's happening currently."

"It is."

I went back to eating my food, the taste being fine but also growing bland. Once we were finished eating, we headed up to our room. This Pokémon center was tighter on space as more people were staying here, so Cynthia and I had to share a room with 2 beds. I was a little nervous at first not gonna lie, but I chilled out almost right away. The guys shared a room with each other, I can do it too.
We're both women, we know what we're gonna see.