Chapter 39.

Sera laid in bed for most of the day, feeling miserable from whatever she had eaten the night before. Garchomp and Pikachu stayed by her side in attempt to comfort her, seeing how sick their trainer was. She laid on her back and stared at the ceiling, holding her stomach and groaning in pain.

"Pika..?" The mouse laid beside her.

"Yes Pikachu, I'll be okay in a bit..."

She put a hand on his back and pet him, feeling a little static coming from his fur. Garchomp sat next to his trainer and kept his eye on them.

"You are such freaking angels, I swear..." She coughed.

The land shark and the yellow mouse looked toward the sick girl with a smile. That was when her stomach rumbled loudly and her eyes widened. She sat right up and held her stomach, both her Pokémon noticing her sudden change in behavior.

"Excuse me."

She quickly jumped up out of bed and rushed toward the bathroom. The Pokémon watched her rush in then shut the door behind her, looking in between each other. That was when they heard their trainer empty out her stomach. Garchomp and Pikachu cringed at the repulsive sound as it went on, but fortunately it only lasted for about a minute. Not long after, they heard a flushing noise and the door opened.

"Oh lord...sorry you 2 had to hear that. But in good news, I feel SOOOO much better now." She said with a smile.

Both Pokémon sighed with relief.

* * * *

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry. Now I'm gonna brush my teeth and get dressed."

I closed the bathroom door again and went to the sink, picking up my toothbrush and toothpaste. Good thing to do after you vomit your guts out, but at least I feel way better now. I quickly brushed my teeth and got dressed into my winter wear, walking out of the bathroom.

"Okay, let's go find the others. They've been gone all day and I'm starting to get worried."

They both nod and got out of bed, following me to the door. We left our room and went downstairs to the lobby, there was a decent amount of people here but I didn't see any of our friends. They said that they wouldn't be long, but now it's been all day and it's actually getting dark outside.

I ran outside into the freezing cold temperatures, snow falling into my hair. Garchomp and Pikachu came up behind me, looking around for our friends. My heart was starting to race out of panic, I put a hand on my chest and I could feel it.

Something is wrong. VERY wrong.

"Garchomp, I need you and Pikachu to take to the sky to search from above. I'll look around down here with the others." I told him.

My shark nodded as Pikachu jumped onto his head, holding on before he flew off into the sky to search. I let out my other 3 Pokémon and they saw how scared I was. We began to search around for our friends.

~

Oh my gosh, THEY'RE ALL GONE. Our friends are gone!! We searched everywhere high and low until it went dark outside, the snow falling had gotten heavier and blanketed the ground beneath us. The moon shone through the clouds and illuminated the area in a dark blue tone.

I'm a mess and Garchomp was doing his best to comfort me, patting my shoulder and nuzzling my face. His usual tactics weren't working, I was hyperventilating and panicking so badly it was really hard to calm down.

"Garchomp...they're gone..! Wh-What if they're dead?! O-Or worse-"

That was when my land shark had enough. He pulled me into a tight warm hug, refusing to let me go. His chest rumbled against my face, like one of those massage tables. This was different than his other hugs, it felt tighter, warmer, safer. I slowly reached my arms up and put them around him as well, he rumbled louder and hugged me even tighter.