Chapter 6.

Oh my God, why is ASHS Pikachu here? According to the Anime, Ash loved Pikachu with all his being despite a "shocking" start. Although...this world we're in has been much more violent than the show.

No, Ash would NEVER abandon his Pikachu. Not for ANYTHING. Something is VERY wrong here.

"This Pikachu has been nothing but trouble for our staff. It won't let people get close enough without trying to electrocute them."

"Pikachu is in lots of pain, depressed even." I say firmly.

"How can you tell?" They ask.

"I just can."

I stepped over the fence into Pikachus pen, much against the helpers warnings. But I wasn't going to just go and pick Pikachu up, that's just asking to be electrocuted. Instead, I kept my distance and sat down on the grass.

"Pikachu?"

The mouse Pokémons ears twitched, but he didn't bother acknowledging me.

"Pikachu, I know you're in pain. And not physical pain, but your heart is aching. I can feel it..." I whisper.

Pikachu slowly sat up, turning his head to look at us.

"Pika..." He still wasn't exactly happy to see me.

"That hat, it belonged to your trainer Ash Ketchum. I knew of him, and I know that he would never abandon you. I sense whatever happened was really bad-"

"PIKA!!!"

Pikachu dropped Ash's hat and got onto all fours, his little rosy cheeks flaring with electricity as a defense. But he wasn't going to zap, I could see the pure pain and sadness in his eyes. I very slowly inched closer.

"Pikachu, it's okay to be upset. I may not know what happened, but it's hurting you terribly and you're bottling it up. It's not weakness to show emotions, instead it makes you stronger. All I want you to do is let it out..."

The Pokémons eyes were filling with tears, he's close.

"It pains me to see someone or something in so much agony, and I think you know that too. You don't deserve to live a sad life, and your trainer wouldn't want you to be sad forever. You don't have to trust me, but believe me when I say that I really want to help you feel better."

I kept inching closer to Pikachu, who looked closer and closer to bursting into tears. He's very close to letting it all out, the electricity from his cheeks started to fade.

"Pikachu...I want to adopt you. But please know that I'm not trying to replace your trainer, I simply want to be there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on. Do you understand?" I ask.

Tears started streaming from my eyes, the same with Pikachu. I sniffled and opened my arms.

"Come here..."

That did it. Pikachu became hysterical and jumped into my arms, crying his eyes out into my neck. I was crying with him, he was finally letting it out after I don't know how long and I could feel it. I rubbed his back along with gently rocking him back and forth.

"That's it, let it out Pikachu..." I whisper.

He kept crying as I stood up, looking toward Garchomp and the helper. The helper looked as if she saw a ghost with how well this actually went. I smiled and wiped away my own tears.

"Mister, I'd like to adopt this Pikachu."

*   *   *   *

I was wandering around the Adoption fair looking around at the Pokémon in the pens. I don't really recognize many of these things as I never really watched the show, but I did like the one episode I watched. They ARE pretty cool from what Sera and Hector have told me.