Chapter 28.

*   *   *   *

I watched the 3 ghosts fade away, lowering my head. They can't leave this place because they are not at peace, there HAS to be something I can do for them. Honestly, the first thing that pops into my head is burning the place to the ground. Ehhh no, I'm not gonna do what happened in Five Nights at Freddy's.

Infernape was sniffling and rubbing his nose, I looked over at him with a sad expression. He must've seen his trainer and his friends like I did, then realized the truth when they faded away. I set the duffel bag down and gave the fire monkey a hug. His body was so warm, like an electric blanket temperature that's just right.

"Infernape, I am SO sorry....but I promise you, I WILL find a way to make this right."

"Infernape..?"

"One way or another, don't give up hope."

I glanced over at the Legendary Pokémon, they looked rather tired after that massacre. Especially Raikou, Entei and Suicune. They were all still injured and their scabbed over gashes had broken open, now bleeding fresh blood. Cresselia and Darkrai however seemed fine.

I gently pulled back from hugging Infernape and approached the light and dark Pokémon, both of them noticed me approaching and face my direction.

"Darkrai, Cresselia?"

"Darrrr...."

"Cress?"

"You 2 should head home before more grunts show up. It was really nice to meet you."

Cresselia smiled at me and gave a nod, flying off back in the direction of what I assume is home. But Darkrai stared me in the eye, getting rather close to my face. I could feel the dark energy radiating off of him, but his intentions felt curious.

"...Hi." Was all I could say.

"Darrrrrkrai...."

Darkrai backed away and raised his hand to me, his ghostly fingers outstretched. I was half expecting something to happen, but nothing did. Ohhh he must want to shake my hand. I gave a weak smile and took his hand.

"Thank you, human..." A very deep gravelly voice sounded in my ears.

I looked at Darkrai. He gave a nod and let go of my hand, flying off after Cresselia. Now facing towards the Johto trio, I saw them all licking their wounds and fur to clean the fresh blood. They all need medical attention and I know someone who could easily and HAPPILY do it.

"You 3 need your wounds treated so they don't get infected. I know someone who can help you all, we just need to get out of here. Can you 3 keep going?" I ask.

Raikou meowed at me, lowering himself to the ground. Infernape gasped and made more monkey noises, pushing me towards the tiger. WAAAAIIIITTTT, does Raikou want me to get on?! Ohhhh if that's the case, I'm gonna freak.

"Easy Infernape! Raikou, do you want me to get on?"

He nods. Oh yup, I'm definitely gonna freak out later. I slowly got onto Raikous back, the purple part felt like a giant comfy couch cushion. Way better than a western saddle that's for sure. The thundercat stood up as if I wasn't even on his back, roaring loudly. I covered my ears, he was REALLY loud. So loud it sounded like thunder, guess he's not the Thunder Pokémon for nothing.

Infernape handed me the duffel bag filled with pokeballs, including his own. I returned the monkey and put his pokeball in the bag before slinging it over my shoulder.

"Alright, let's go-"

I'd suddenly see everything flash white. Next I'd see Garchomp along with Reggie, Paul, Riolu, Pikachu and a bunch of police officers following my partner. I felt something like I did back in the cave when the Onix separated my friends and I, right when Garchomp dug his way through the cave to find me. Oh shit, he's actually coming to find me.