Chapter 11.

*   *   *   *

Garchomp, Pikachu and I found a small battlefield out behind the Pokémon center where we could practice for the gym battle in Eterna City. I wasn't gonna force Pikachu to fight if he didn't want to, so I'm gonna start with Garchomp first. But it won't be too long because it's freaking hot as hell.

"Okay Garchomp, you're up first. Pikachu, I won't force you to battle if you don't want to. But if you'd like to train with Garchomp, just say so. Okay?"

"Pika! Pika!" He jumped up and down excitedly.

"Oh you wanna train? Awesome! Let's get started!"

Pikachu ran and got into position on the opposite side of the battlefield, his cheeks sparking. Garchomp took a defensive stance and got ready for battle.

"Okay you 2, you ready?" I ask.

They both nod.

"Alright, let's do this! Garchomp, use Flamethrower! And Pikachu, use quick attack!"

The land shark spewed Flamethrower at the little mouse, but Pikachu quickly maneuvered out of the way of the flames. He charged toward Garchomp at a rapid speed, ramming into his chest. Garchomp only grunted and took a step back, shaking his head with a huff.

"You 2 okay?"

"Gar gar!"

"Pika!"

"Okay phew...sorry, I just have to ask. It's my nature. Heheh. Anyways, keep it up! Pikachu, Iron tail! Garchomp, use Dragon rush!"

Both Pokémon were about to use their moves when we suddenly heard an explosion, one that shook the ground.

"The hell was that?!" I exclaim.

Garchomp and Pikachu both stopped dead and looked around.

"Gar! Gar!"

Garchomp pointed towards a rising smoke cloud pretty far away. That wasn't a training explosion. Whatever it was, I got a real bad feeling in my chest that it's something way worse. I frowned and looked at my Pokémon.

"You 2 ready?" I ask.

"Gar...Pikaaaa!" They say.

"Good."

My land shark knelt down, I got onto his back and Pikachu jumped into my lap. Garchomp folded his arms inward and looked to the sky, readying to launch himself upward. I held onto him and Pikachu tightly.

"Garchomp, go!"

He shot off into the sky like a rocket. HOOOLY SHIT! That was TERRIFYING! I've flown on a plane before, but never a Pokémon. I think it goes without saying that they are VERY different from each other! Pikachu and I hung on tightly as Garchomp flew toward the rising smoke cloud, whoever caused it is gonna have hell of a day after this.

Garchomps speed got us there rather quickly, but we stopped at a safe distance so whoever wouldn't see us from above. We all looked down at the scene, Pikachu pointed at a large group of people near a large metal device. When I got a better look, I saw the tealish green hairstyles and grey and white uniforms.

"Oh great, Team Galactic. Why am I not surprised?" I rolled my eyes.

But Pikachu pointed at something else, Garchomp and I looked where he was pointing to see our friends. Their Pokémon were out and battling Galactics Golbats, and doing pretty damn good too! In my opinion, their Golbats aren't exactly a real threat, more of a nuisance.

"Keep our distance for now, they need to learn to battle for themselves. But unless something happens, we go in. Alright?"

Both Pokémon nod.