Chapter 23.

Sera put the pokeball containing the Metagross into her pocket. Garchomp tried to stand up, but from the damage he had taken he was in great pain. He grunted and fell to his knees, his trainer gently placing a hand on his arm.

"Garchomp, you and Pikachu are hurt bad. I'll get you 2 to the Pokémon center, I promise..."

She took out his pokéball and aimed it at him.

"For now, return."

The shark retreated into the pokéball and she put it in her other pocket. Riolu grabbed her hand and helped the trainer to her feet, her ears and tail down. Sera smiled and pat the canines head.

"I'm okay Riolu, just tired...we need to get to the next town ASAP. But first..." She said.

They looked over towards Jessie, James and Meowth. The trio all flinched and jumped to their feet, very unnerved and shocked by what she and her Garchomp had done. Sera and Riolu slowly approached the criminals. They started to back away from them as they came closer.

"The only times you should be scared of me is if you're either in my way, or stealing Pokémon. Since I'm in a hurry, let me be quick. Rethink about being where you are now, it's not worth the little reward."

With that, her and Riolu took off down the mountain pass towards the next town. Team Rocket blinked and looked in between each other, the humans being confused while Meowth looked off to the side. They didn't really think too much of it and went the opposite way that Sera and Riolu had gone.

But the feeling that she had experienced before Team Rocket entered the scene was true, they were indeed being watched. Atop the rocky slope where she had looked before, stood Galactic Commander Saturn. He had seen everything that occurred, especially the battle bond.

"Cyrus sir, Jay's claim of a bond evolution has been confirmed. Visual evidence has been sent." He said into an earpiece.

"Excellent." His leader replied.

Cyrus began to watch the video feed that was sent to him. He watched how the pair worked almost perfectly together in sync as if they were the same being, until it was when they both would freeze and collapse to the ground. A smile crept onto his face and he chuckled.

"Their battle bond is raw and imperfected..."

"How shall I proceed?"

"End reconnaissance, proceed to engage when you see her next."

"Understood."

*   *   *   *

Riolu and I ran as fast as we could to the nearest city, which was oddly enough Veilstone City. I didn't care how tired I was, Garchomp and Pikachu needed help desperately. That Metagross was no damn joke, it took down Pikachu in ONE hit. And during that battle, I almost cost us because I panicked and made a dumb call right off.

We rushed down the streets and occasionally pushing past people, apologizing afterwards of course. Riolu and I searched desperately for the Pokémon center, so far having no luck. We reached a park center and slowed to a stop to catch our breath, sitting down on a park bench.

"Well...we definitely got some cardio in for the day..." I joked.

Riolu let out a small giggle and looked at me. I smiled at her, but it vanished not long after. Now was not the time for jokes. I took Pikachu out of my bag, he was still banged up pretty badly but at least now he was awake. I held him close in the gentlest hug I could muster, rocking him back and forth.

"Hang in there, Pikachu...once we catch our breath, we'll get you, Garchomp and Metagross to a Pokémon center-"

"Oh my goodness, what happened to your Pikachu?" A male voice said.