Chapter 12.

The Champion of Sinnoh lead our group of friends to the local ice cream stand, the complete opposite direction the guys had gone earlier in the day. They thanked Cynthia for the directions and she went on her way, not after taking some time to choose an ice cream flavor for herself.

That was a trait I always liked about Cynthia. She maybe be hard as hell to beat in a battle, but outside of that she can be such a dork and pretty indecisive. The writers of the show made her very human and honestly, pretty relatable. Plus I've noticed that in every season, the Champion is actually really smart.

The guys and I were walking back toward the Pokémon center with our ice cream cones, each of our Pokémon having one too. Hector and Halt got chocolate with some sprinkles on top, Marcus got Cookie dough, Ben got Vanilla with chocolate syrup on it, and I got Mint chocolate chip.

"Hey guys, you wanna head out after this?" Ben asks.

I looked at him.

"We leaving already? But you guys need to train your Pokémon once they're all healed up." I say.

"That could be a few days, and we need to keep moving." He said firmly.

"What about the rest of you guys?"

"What's the rush, Ben? It's not like we have anywhere to be, except maybe at home. I hope that the time that passes here doesn't mean we've been here for an actual week." Halt said.

"Actually, now that I think about it. Halt, weren't we all on Discord the night we went missing?" Marcus asked.

"Not sure to be honest-"

I interrupted him.

"Wait. I was on Discord before I arrived here and I was talking to you guys that night, but I came here last. So call me crazy, but I'm starting to think we came here on the same day but at different times."

"That...actually makes sense, only 3 of us are in the same time zone while Halt and I are in different zones." Hector spoke up.

"I'm not entirely sure if that's how it works, but so far that's all we got. And sorry for interrupting Halt."

"It's fine, let's get back to the center."

*    *    *    *

Meanwhile, at Team Galactic headquarters...

"The next time I see those trainers, I'll beat them into the ground..." Commander Jupiter growled.

"We were all swept by just ONE of them, it's so irritating!" Mars shouted.

"Toxicroak is eagerly awaiting a rematch with the girl." Saturn stated calmly, rubbing his Toxicroaks head.

"Calm yourselves..." A voice said.

The 3 Commanders turned around to see their leader standing in the doorway, looking rather unamused.

"Leader Cyrus, we were just-" Mars started.

"I'm already aware of your encounters with this group of trainers, and I'm very disappointed with all of you. Don't let them be a repeat of the last trainers who stood in our way." Cyrus stated.

"Y-Yes sir..." Saturn would go quiet.

"Forgive me sir, but one of them is going to be a big problem. The others...not so much." Jupiter stated.

"Let me guess, the one with the Garchomp."

"Yes sir, and-"

"As I said before, ensure this is not a repeat of the last trainers..."