Chapter 8.

*   *   *   *

I made it back to the guys with all the stuff in tow.

"I thought you were only getting A backpack!" Hector said.

"I did! Then I got one for each of us along with toothbrushes, toothpaste and hairbrushes. Oh heres the rest of your money too." I gave him the new bills.

"Thanks. And yeah we could definitely use that stuff..."

I took the backpacks from Garchomp and gave one to Hector, Halt and Ben. They all slung their backpack over their shoulder and put their occupied pokeballs in. I did the same with Garchomp and Pikachus pokeballs into my own bag, along with the extra clothes, shoes, canteen and hygeine stuff. Little ol Pikachu then jumped onto my shoulder and up onto my head again.

"Alright, so we ready to hit the road?" I ask.

"Ready if you are. Where we headed?" Ben asks.

"Eterna City, site of the Grass type Gym! And Garchomp and I are gonna kick ass together! And Hector can simp over Gardenia's grass types."

"HEY!"

"Oh you will and you know it!"

"Shaddup!"

I only laughed as I adjusted the backpack straps to a more comfortable length. And with that, we set out on a journey of our own. I mean, if we're stuck here world why not right? Frankly, I'm amazed that nobody has once even said anything about going home. It might be due to the shock and excitement we're all feeling that we can all literally have an animal with superpowers as our partners. Because let's be fair, HOW COOL IS THAT???

The 5 of us, 7 including my land shark and electro mouse, left the small town and started headed back the way we came.

"Wait, are we gonna pass through that mountain over there?" I ask.

"Well yeah, according to my map that's how we get to Eterna City. Although we might pass through Hearthome City first."

"You hear that Garchomp? We're gonna see your friends again!" I smiled.

"GAR!"

We kept to the dirt path for a while and passed by the Pokémon center we stayed at, the Adoption fair was still going and almost all the Pokémon had been adopted. The thought of that made me smile as I knew a lot of people there would take great care of them. How do I know? It's complicated to explain as I said before.

I looked to the others.

"Hey, why don't you guys have your Pokémon out?" I ask.

"I put Quiladin away because she gets worn out easily." Hector said.

"But if you want her to get stronger, she's gonna have to train hard." I say.

"I know, I just want to get to know her first."

Okay fair enough, for now anyways. Ben released his Eevee and let her ride on his shoulder, the floofy little thing curled up and laid down. Marcus and Halt weren't very keen on letting out their Pokémon when we reach the mountain. I mean, okay, they don't know the mountain. I don't know much about navigating it either honestly. I've only been to the Garchomp cave, a grass patch, and a stream. That's the basic extent of it.

We would arrive at the base of the mountain a while later.

"Oh this is it! The same path that Garchomp gave me a piggyback down, right buddy?"

"Chomp."

Garchomp grinned and knelt down for me to get on.

"Uhh?" Marcus was confused.