Chapter 21.

*   *   *   *

Back in Hearthome City, the boys were training on the battlefield with their Pokémon. Right now it was Halts Rowlet vs Hectors Pidgeot. The large bird Pokémon used Air Slash on the small green owl, to which said owl dodged and used Peck as a counter attack. The Peck would strike right under Pidgeots wing, he yelped loudly and both Pokémon landed on their feet.

"Okay, that's enough for today. We've been training for hours and the sun is starting to go down." Marcus said.

"Yeah, I'm good with a break. Rowlet looks hungry-"

Rowlet would suddenly coo loudly and start glowing blue. Everyone looked to the small owl and witnessed him starting to evolve. Rowlet began growing, a lone piece of hair sprouted out of the front of his head, his wings grew longer, his stature became more defined.

The blue glow shattered and there stood a darker green Dartrix.

"Whoaaa...." Halt said.

"Dartrix!"

Dartrix turned towards his trainer, curling his feathers like fingers into a thumbs up.

"Awesome! Rowlet evolved into a Dartrix! That training really paid off, huh?" Ben says.

"Oh yeah, no doubt!" Marcus chimed in.

Halt went over to his newly evolved partner, the owl held his other wing up. He got the gist and gave Dartrix a high five.

"So how about we head inside and get some food?" Hector suggests.

"I could eat for sure, I'm starving." Halt said.

Marcus, Ben and Halt headed back into the Pokémon center, Hector stayed outside and looked off in the direction that Sera had headed. Pidgeot noticed him staring off into the distance and gently pecked his arm. Hector flinched and looked towards his large bird companion.

"What's up, Pidgeot?" He asks.

Pidgeot faced the direction his trainer was looking, giving him a strange look. Hector sighed and pat Pidgeots head.

"I'm just worried about Sera, Pidgeot. She went off on her own to fight Team Galactic or whatever else and I'm seriously concerned she'll run into something worse."

Pidgeot cooed and nudged against his arm, Hector smiled.

"Thanks bud, but I still can't help but worry. She might have her Pokémon team, but she's only one trainer-"

"Aye Hector! You coming? Sera's calling from another Pokémon center!" Marcus called.

Hector perked right up.

"Oh thank goodness, coming!"

He returned Pidgeot and rushed into the Pokémon center. Halt, Dartrix and Ben were standing at one of the video phones off to the side, laughing and talking. Halt would step aside and show off Dartrix, a gasp came from the screen followed by an excited squeal.

"That's so awesome! I've never seen a Shiny Dartrix before. Awesome job Halt and Dartrix! I KNEW you could do it." A very familiar voice said.

Hector hurried over to the video phone, forcefully pushing his friends aside to get to the screen. He would see Sera and Garchomp on the screen, she looked a little surprised as she saw Hector literally shove his friends away.

"Sera! Where are you?" He asks.

"I'm at another Pokémon Center out in the middle of nowhere. I caught an injured Dragonite and brought it here for treatment. You'll never believe who I ran into, OR how it ended." She replied.