Ponder

Set during the Death Cure au
———
The lovely view of the last city, Denver was in front of them as they silently stood against the giant window. The lion's den and headquarters of WICKED.
"You can always forget him." Dr Paige spoke, calmly as she offered a solution to the girl next to her.

"No...." She responded, quietly as a sad remorseful smile grew on her face. The thought of erasing the one person she tried so hard to keep alive brought glistening tears in her icy blue eyes as she quickly held them back.

"Even if he hates you?" Dr Paige asked, intrigued as she saw the hidden pain in the Teresa's blue eyes.
Ava Paige shook her head, knowing this was just all part of WICKED's plans but she quickly realised she underestimated how strong Teresa's feelings were for Thomas.

"I'll always protect him even if I look like the bad guy." Teresa spoke, softly as she slowly turned to face Ava Paige. She made a promise to him long ago, that he'll always have his Deedee even if he didn't remember now.

Dr Paige nodded, noticing the determination in her quiet words and felt slight admiration at the bravery of the girl in front of her before coldness took over. This was all part of Phase two of the trials, she had to stay focused.

She watched Teresa touch the glass window as her lab coat swayed behind her, her dark raven hair fell over her shoulders in loose curls. There was a wistful look with a hint of loneliness on her face, it was the price of betrayal after all.

"I should get back to work." Teresa spoke, quietly as she glanced at Dr Paige and headed towards the door. It was time to work on some blood samples, all these sacrifices couldn't be for nothing and she was determined to find a cure.

She quickly walked down the hallway, her gaze fixated ahead as two WICKED guards silently stood nearby. Security measures were being upgraded once again, according to Janson's orders.

Her small hand wiped the leaked tear from her wet face as she swallowed the lump of emotion in her throat, walking past the two WICKED guards who were heading in the opposite direction.

Unaware, one of the WICKED guards suddenly stopped in his tracks and stared in her direction as he briefly caught a glimpse of her tearful beautiful blue eyes. It's been a while since he's last seen her and wondered what caused that pained look on her angelic face.

"Tommy, we need to go." The other WICKED guard spoke, firmly as he realised Thomas was staring down the empty hallway. They didn't have much time until WICKED found out they were here, under their noses.

Thomas nodded at Newt's words, unknown emotions swirling in his brown eyes as he wondered why he still cared about the girl who left them. There was a dull ache in his chest as he knew the answer deep down, he couldn't stop even if he tried. She was a part of him he couldn't let go.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)