4. Family

Xiao Zhan kept walking deep into the forest and soon reached a river. Sensing that Wang Yibo stopped, Xiao Zhan turned to look at him. "Walk." He said. "I-I have a fear of water." Wang Yibo said as he looked at the river nervously. "Playing tricks?" Xiao Zhan asked. "No it's true! I really do have a fear of water. That's why I never passed 7th standard because I had to cross the river." Wang Yibo said. Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes in annoyance, picked up Wang Yibo in bridal style and got in the water, shocking the latter. "Put me down! Let me go! You pervert!!" Wang Yibo shouted as he started hitting Xiao Zhan's chest, only for his fists to ache.

After crossing the river, Xiao Zhan placed Wang Yibo back on the ground and started squeezing the hem of his clothes. "You pervert! How dare you touch me!" Wang Yibo shouted. "Just shut up and walk boy!" Xiao Zhan shouted as he grabbed his hand again. "Don't call me boy! My good name is Wang Yibo." Wang Yibo said as he pulled his hand away from Xiao Zhan. "Do you have a bad name as well?" Xiao Zhan muttered. "Huh?" "Will you WALK?!" "It's not like you'll bring a plane for me to ride in right? If it was my Zanjin, he would've taken me in an helicopter." Wang Yibo said. "So, you're just another gold digger?" Xiao Zhan asked making Wang Yibo give a sly smile. "Perhaps. But not entirely." He said as he walked forward. Xiao Zhan shook his head and sighed once before following Wang Yibo.

After walking a bit deep into the forest, the 2 men reached a small house, big enough for 4 people to live in. Xiao Zhan knocked the door and waited while making sure Wang Yibo didn't run away. A young woman of around 26 years opened the door. "A-Zhan!" The woman exclaimed as she threw herself in Xiao Zhan's arms. Xiao Zhan smiled slightly as he hugged her back. Wang Yibo didn't know why, but his heart jumped a little when he saw his kidnapper's beautiful smile. "A-Zhan! You're back!" Another voice came from inside. A woman in her fifties came forward towards Xiao Zhan and hugged him. "Aunty Jingtong! You're crushing me!" Xiao Zhan exclaimed.

The woman, Zhang Jingtong slapped the back of Xiao Zhan's head. "How many times have I told you to call me mother?! M-O-T-H-E-R!" She shouted. "A-Zhan! You're back!" Two more people came, a boy in his early twenties and a man in his fifties. "Zhucheng! Uncle Jianmin!" Xiao Zhan exclaimed happily. "A-Zhan, who is that man with you?" The 26 year old woman asked him. Xiao Zhan didn't respond and turned towards Wang Yibo, making the latter shiver. "Go to bed. Upstairs, right side, first room." Xiao Zhan said sternly. Wang Yibo complied and did as he was told, almost like a puppet.

"A-Zhan, tell us, what is going on?" Zhang Jingtong asked Xiao Zhan as his adoptive sister, the 26 year old woman, Xuan Lu gave him a glass of water. After sitting by the table, Xiao Zhan told his adoptive family everything he did and waited for a shower of scolding's to start pouring. However, a thick silence fell in the room, making Xiao Zhan tense up a bit. "So... this is what's called 'doing the wrong thing for the right reason' right?" Wang Zhoucheng said, shocking Xiao Zhan to the core.

"A-Zhan, don't worry, we're not mad at you." Lu Jianmin said. "Uncle Jianmin-" Xiao Zhan started but was cut short with Zhang Jingtong's words. "Relax A-Zhan, if you hadn't kidnapped Wang Yibo, I'm afraid this state would've fallen into chaos." Xiao Zhan was shocked. He never expected this reaction from his foster family. Smiling, he bowed to his aunt and uncle. "Thank you aunty and uncle." He said. "MOTHER!" Zhang Jingtong shouted. "FATHER!" Lu Jianmin shouted as well.

Xiao Zhan smiled and downed the glass of water in a go. "Mother, when will dinner be ready?" Wang Zhoucheng asked. "Half an hour maybe? I haven't started cooking yet." Zhang Jingtong replied, making Wang Zhoucheng nod. 'Half an hour?' Xiao Zhan thought. 'That little omega didn't eat anything since morning. Maybe I should give him something to eat.'

Xiao Zhan went to the kitchen, picked up an orange from the fruits basket and went to his room. As he reached his door, he heard strange noises coming from inside, like someone trying to break in. However, he knew the exact opposite was happening. Xiao Zhan knocked the door and walked inside without waiting for anyone to open it from the other side.

Wang Yibo shrieked when he heard a knock. Honestly, he was expecting his privacy to be invaded. Just as he was about to jump out of the window of the room, Xiao Zhan entered with a rather cold expression, making Wang Yibo shiver and come back inside. As he saw Xiao Zhan moving forward towards him, Wang Yibo tensed even more and backed away. He was exhausted from fear, anxiety and hunger. Just then, his stomach gave a growl loud enough for the other man to hear.

When Xiao Zhan saw Wang Yibo trying to escape, he gave a stern expression making the omega shiver and come back inside. Xiao Zhan instantly schooled his expression and moved towards Wang Yibo, only for the latter to move away from him. As he had expected, the omega's stomach gave a growl. Xiao Zhan took a step closer to Wang Yibo and handed him the orange. In all honesty, Xiao Zhan expected Wang Yibo to shout at him to leave him alone. However, he was shocked when Wang Yibo snatched the orange from his hand and instantly started peeling it open to eat.

Wang Yibo blushed when his stomach gave such a loud growl. He didn't have anything since morning and was starving. Just then, he saw Xiao Zhan handing him an orange. Wang Yibo snatched the orange and hurriedly peeled it open. He didn't think nor did he care for any traps coming from it. All he knew was that he was hungry and needed to eat something. The orange was sweet, making him smile and continue eating it. He was so engrossed in what he was doing that he barely caught the words Xiao Zhan told him. "Come downstairs after half-an-hour. Dinner will be ready." Xiao Zhan said before he exited the room, closing the door behind him.

Xiao Zhan couldn't help but smile a bit when he saw Wang Yibo eat that hurriedly. He was like a child who just received a chocolate. Realizing that Wang Yibo was totally engrossed in eating the orange, Xiao Zhan took this chance to bolt the windows so that Wang Yibo wouldn't escape. "Come downstairs after half-an-hour. Dinner will be ready." He said and left the room, closing the door behind him.