32. The Truth

The next morning, Wang Yibo woke up slowly. He really wanted to believe that what he saw yesterday was a dream, his own imagination. But somehow, he just couldn't bring himself to do so. Yesterday's events were still haunting him. Rubbing his forehead once, he slowly got up groggily making the jacket on him fall off. Wang Yibo looked down and realised that Xiao Zhan's jacket was on his lap right now. Looks like Xiao Zhan took it off and covered Wang Yibo with it yesterday night.

Unlike the usual, where Xiao Zhan wakes up late, today he woke up just a few minutes after Wang Yibo woke up. As he did, he saw Wang Yibo looking at him with a broken expression. Xiao Zhan got up and looked at Wang Yibo once before he spoke. "Did you sleep well?" The alpha asked the omega while observing the latter's face carefully. Although Wang Yibo's eyes were red and puffy from crying, there weren't any dark circles under them meaning he atleast managed to have some sleep.

"Zhan." Wang Yibo said making Xiao Zhan nod. "I have a few questions to ask you. Promise me you'll answer them truthfully." "I promise." Xiao Zhan replied. He knew this is what Wang Yibo would ask. He would ask for the truth about what is going on.

"Why did you kidnap me?" Wang Yibo asked first. Enough was enough. He was sick of not knowing anything. "To bribe Zanjin into meeting my demands." Xiao Zhan replied. "The demands you asked for on the phone?" Wang Yibo asked again. "Yes." Xiao Zhan replied. "Isn't that a minister's job? Why did you ask him that?" "Yes, that is a minister's job. But Zanjin did not do it. So I used you to bribe him into doing it." Wang Yibo tried to process that for a while and then slowly nodded his head.

"Second question. Are you really a criminal?" Wang Yibo asked. "No." Xiao Zhan replied. "Don't lie to me." Wang Yibo replied angrily. "I promised you I would tell you the truth didn't I?" Xiao Zhan said. "Then why are you labelled as a criminal?" "Because I was framed. By Zhu Zanjin." Xiao Zhan replied. "Framed? What happened?" Wang Yibo asked again.

"After Zhu Zanjin found out that I was going against him, he tried to eliminate me. His dog Feng Cong placed a bomb under my car which could be controlled by a remote. Regarding the politics, I had some paperwork to do so I went to an office for files. When I was inside, Zhu Zanjin's car had just passed a safe distance from my car before Feng Cong exploded the bomb. And as usual, the media were alerted and I was thrown into jail and became 'the most notorious criminal in the city.'"

After digesting what Xiao Zhan just said, Wang Yibo asked again. "Third. Is Zhu Zanjin really a criminal?" "Yes." Xiao Zhan replied. "W-what did he do b-before becoming a m-minister?" Wang Yibo asked again, stammering. "He was a murderer." Xiao Zhan replied again, making Wang Yibo's eyes wide and teary.

"I wanna go home." Wang Yibo whispered. "Yibo?" Xiao Zhan looked at him quite confused. "I wanna go home. I wanna go home." Wang Yibo continued whispering. "I wanna go home. I wanna go home!" Wang Yibo shouted. "Yibo!" Xiao Zhan shouted as well as he grabbed Wang Yibo's shoulders and looked into his eyes.

"I will take you home. I promise. But please... stay with me a little while longer. Zhu Zanjin is still searching for you. If you were to leave now, you can end up in a lot of trouble." Xiao Zhan said but Wang Yibo cried and shook his head violently. "I wanna go home. I wanna go ho-ome." Wang Yibo repeated again. Xiao Zhan hugged Wang Yibo and the latter returned it. Wang Yibo hugged Xiao Zhan tightly as tears kept spilling out of his eyes.