10. Medicine

Xiao Zhan walked a bit deep into the forest and finally found a nice place to rest. He gently placed Wang Yibo down, under a tree. After placing him down, Xiao Zhan lifted Wang Yibo's leg to check on his injury, only to recieve a hiss from the latter. Being as gentle as possible, Xiao Zhan started rolling up Wang Yibo's trousers and saw his angry red, bloody ankles. Next, he grabbed Wang Yibo's hands and saw the same shade of red on his wrists.

Wang Yibo kept staring at Xiao Zhan the whole time. In fact, he had been staring at him since they walked out of the room he was in. Wang Yibo was in a total dilemma now. Why did Xiao Zhan save him? Although most part of him believed that Xiao Zhan saved him because of what Zanjin owes to him, there was a small part of Wang Yibo which believed that Xiao Zhan is not a bad person. Although he did nothing wrong to him and even saved him, Wang Yibo decided to not lower down his guard. He still doesn't know who he is, why he kidnapped him and what he wants from him.

Wang Yibo snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Xiao Zhan get up and walk away from him and stared at his disappearing figure. He looked down at his bloody red wrists and was lost in his own thoughts. Xiao Zhan was the most notorious criminal in the city. According to what Wang Yibo heard from Zhu Zanjin, Xiao Zhan kidnapped innocents, be it omegas, betas or even other alphas and threatened to kill them if his demands were'nt met. Although he didn't hear any rumors on what kind of demands Xiao Zhan made, Wang Yibo was sure that those were not anything good.

Wang Yibo also heard that his victims were so traumatized by what he did to them that there were even a few who were admitted in mental hospitals, unable to bear it. Although all of these are rumors he heard, mostly from Zanjin. But, coming to think of it, if it was really true, why didn't Xiao Zhan do anything to him yet? Forget hurting him, Xiao Zhan even saved Wang Yibo from a certain rape.

Wang Yibo's head was spinning madly with all the thinking he was doing. Added to his burning wrists and ankles, Wang Yibo kept getting drained of energy until he fell asleep, leaning against the tree.

As Xiao Zhan kept walking in the forest, he recognised a few medicinal herbs which were useful for healing external injuries and plucked them. How does he know it? Well, in reality, Xiao Zhan studied medicine during his college years, and hence can recognise whether a plant is medicinal or not.

After plucking a bunch of herbs, Xiao Zhan went back to where he left Wang Yibo only to see the omega sleeping peacefully against the tree. Walking slowly so as to not startle Wang Yibo awake, Xiao Zhan knelt down next to Wang Yibo. He rubbed the herbs against a rock to let the juice come out and gently placed them on the omega's wrists and ankles and later tied them up by tearing his sleeves. Wang Yibo stirred but luckily didn't wake up.

Wang Yibo was in deep sleep and dreamt of all his time with Zanjin. Unknown to him, he cried silently, letting small sobs slip out of his lips. Wang Yibo still didn't understand anything which was going on right now. He was exhausted with all the constant thinking and alertness his brain was doing the past 2 days, along with what happened today. Suddenly, he felt a hand gently pat his head feather light, making him feel slightly relaxed and leaned towards it. He was in such deep sleep that he didn't even bother to think whose hand it was.

After Xiao Zhan finished tieing up Wang Yibo's injuries, he leaned back against the same tree and relaxed himself. What a day! It was so tiring. Sure, Xiao Zhan did expect many hurdles to come in the way, but Wang Yibo being almost raped by Wang Haoxuan? That was totally unexpected. Just as Xiao Zhan was about to sleep, he heard a small whimper from Wang Yibo's direction, startling him awake. He looked at the omega and saw transparent, crystal tears run down his cheeks.

"Please, please leave me...." Wang Yibo muttered, as he jerked his head to a side. Xiao Zhan looked at him with pity and gently patted his head, feather light. He was sure that Wang Yibo was still traumatized with today's events and really needed some alone time. To his surprise, Wang Yibo leaned towards his touch and cutely nuzzled against Xiao Zhan's hand, earning a laugh from the alpha.

Xiao Zhan sighed. He really pitied Wang Yibo. If it hadn't been for him, Wang Yibo wouldn't've been in this much fear and stress. However, Xiao Zhan knew better. He knew that if he hadn't kidnapped Wang Yibo, things would go horribly wrong.