45. Rescue

Xiao Zhan knew a trap would be waiting for him over there. But he had no choice, he had to save his sister and Yibo. The alpha ran towards his bike and sped away to Yu garden.

Xiao Zhan parked the bike outside the garden and ran in. As soon as he did, he ducked down, making a knife slice the air from behind him. Xiao Zhan got back up and spun around, coming face to face with the person who tried to hurt him. "A-Zhan!!" Xiao Zhan heard a familiar voice from behind him, making his chest tighten.

Xiao Zhan turned around and saw Xuan Lu being held by a creep, with a blade against her throat. The alpha's eyes turned red with anger. He was the only person involved in Zhu Zanjin's case. How can someone stoop so low, going as far as to hurting innocents? Just thinking about it made Xiao Zhan's stomach churn.

However, soon after, Xiao Zhan calmed down and kicked a rock near him, making it fly straight towards the alpha and hit his head. The other alpha cried out and dropped his blade. Seizing this chance, Xuan Lu ran straight towards Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan didn't spare even a moment to see if his sister was alright or not, for he had to duck again to avoid being cut. The alpha who tried to hurt him first came back. Xiao Zhan was just about to punch him when he saw the dagger he was holding fly out of his hand, aimed straight at Xuan Lu.

Xuan Lu stood there, paralyzed with fear. She just waited for the dagger to stab her and welcome the pain, however, when she heard another grunt, she opened her eyes and the scene in front of her shocked her. Xiao Zhan was in front of her with the dagger pierced deeply into his stomach. "A-Zhan!" Xuan Lu shouted but was pushed away by the already injured.

Xiao Zhan grunted when the dagger pierced him and cursed himslef for grunting. "A-Zhan!" Xuan Lu shouted but Xiao Zhan didn't pay her any attention. He pulled the dagger out of his stomach and stood his ground, staring straight at his enemy's face. After coldly staring at each other for a few moments, the other two alphas ran straight towards Xiao Zhan.

Although a life was at risk, Xiao Zhan, as usual was as calm as ever. Observing the situation carefully, he realised that one of the alphas (the one who held Xuan Lu and is injured) was slower than the other. Hence, waiting for the right moment, Xiao Zhan threw the dagger he was holding in his hand straight the one who was faster, making it stab him in his gut. The alpha staggered and fell to the floor.

In the meantime, Xiao Zhan raised his fist and banged the injured alpha's head, making him get a blood coagulation in the process. Unable to watch the scene, Xuan Lu closed her eyes.

"Lu-jie," Xiao Zhan called her, making Xuan Lu open her eyes and look at him. The next minute, she ran straight towards her brother and held his shoulders. "Zhan! Zhan, you're bleeding!" Xuan Lu cried. Xiao Zhan warily shook his head. "I'm okay Lu-jie. Go back to uncle Jianmin and aunty Jingtong now. It's not safe for you over here." He said and ran away before Xuan Lu could say a word.