39. Leave

Time really flies. Finally, the day when Wang Yibo had to leave Xiao Zhan came. "I took care of everything for you to go back to your hometown." Xiao Zhan said as he and Wang Yibo waited for the train to arrive. "All this time, only I was an enemy to Zhu Zanjin. Now you are too. You came this far after crossing the river. Now pass your 7th standard as well. Let me know once you reach your home." Xiao Zhan said as he looked at him once before leaving him behind in the railway station. As Xiao Zhan walked away, Wang Yibo kept staring at him until he went out of sight.

As Wang Yibo kept staring at Xiao Zhan's disappearing figure, tears brimmed in his eyes before sliding out. 'Zhan... just what do you think of me?' Wang Yibo thought. 'Am I... really no one to you? Do you really not feel anything for me? When we met, it was you who kidnapped me. When I tried to run away from you, you gave me a threatning look which sent shivers down my spine and forcing me to be with you. But now... just when I want to be with you, you send me away. It's you! It's always you who does everything! Then what about me? Did you ever consider how I felt? Is your heart made of stone?' "Baby... I think your daddy... never loved me in the first place. We're all alone." Wang Yibo spoke to the baby in his stomach as he gently carassed it. Wang Yibo smiled ever so slightly as tears kept spilling out of his beautiful eyes.

Meanwhile, Xiao Zhan left the railway station and went to a hospital. "Good evening sir, how may I help you?" The receptionist greeted him. "Good evening. I'm actually a student practicing medicine. My professor asked me to give an operation a try." Xiao Zhan replied as he pulled out his documents from his bag. The receptionist took the documents. "Ah, Mr. Xiao Zhan. You're Dr. Xuan's adoptive brother right?" The receptionist said, making Xiao Zhan nod in agreement. "Just one moment please." The receptionist dialled a number and started speaking. Meanwhile, Xiao Zhan kept waiting patiently.

"Mr. Xiao, please follow me." The receptionist said and led him to a room, Dr. Xuan's room to be precise. "Thank you." Xiao Zhan said to the receptionist before knocking the door once. "Come in." A female voice, Xiao Zhan was very familiar with called from the other side.

Xiao Zhan entered and saw Xuan Lu sitting near the table. "A-Zhan!" Xuan Lu exclaimed happily as she ran towards Xiao Zhan and hugged him. "Lu-jie! I missed you!" Xiao Zhan said smiling as he hugged her back. "Thank goodness you're okay! We were terrified!" Xuan Lu said. "I'm okay Lu-jie. Don't worry about me." Xiao Zhan said.

"So, what brings you here." Xuan Lu asked. "Lu-jie, I need your help with something. And this is very important." Xiao Zhan said, making Xuan Lu place her full attention only on him.