13. Night

After running for a long time, Xiao Zhan finally stopped and took some rest under a tree. Wang Yibo rested along with Xiao Zhan. Although he wasn't sure about the exact time, Xiao Zhan was sure that it might already be eight. So, he got up again and scouted the nearby areas for any kind of food, liquor and dry sticks.

After searching for some time, the alpha returned to the omega with a bunch of fruits, liquor he extracted from a tree he recognised and dry sticks in his hands. Xiao Zhan actually thought of hunting for a bit meat, but it was too dark for that and hence decided to stick with fruits. He gave Wang Yibo half of the fruits he got before starting a fire with the sticks he got and eating his share.

Wang Yibo just sat quitely, without eating. By now, Xiao Zhan finished his fruits ages ago while Wang Yibo simply sat in front of the fire. Finally after some time, Xiao Zhan broke the silence. "Are you gonna eat or not?" Wang Yibo glared daggers at Xiao Zhan before giving a humph and turning away.

Taking it as a no, Xiao Zhan got up and walked towards Wang Yibo, making the latter flinch and hug himself tighter while looking at him. However, Xiao Zhan did nothing more than take Wang Yibo's share of fruits and start eating them. If Wang Yibo didn't want to eat them, there was no point in forcing him. 

Wang Yibo stared at Xiao Zhan when he saw him take away his share of fruits. 'Bloody guy. He's eating away everything.' He thought. 'If I make him extremely drunk, I can run away.' Wang Yibo thought and looked at Xiao Zhan. "Are you gonna drink everything?" Wang Yibo asked Xiao Zhan as he pointed at the liquor pots next to him. "I'll leave some." Xiao Zhan replied looking at it once. Hearing this, Wang Yibo grinned nervously. "I don't drink. You can drink it completely if you want." The omega said convincingly as he smiled at the alpha.

"Planning on running away once I fall asleep?" Xiao Zhan asked Wang Yibo making the latter shake his head nervously. Xiao Zhan turned to face Wang Yibo and spoke. "Forget me, you won't even be found by your Zanjin. Besides, wasn't yesterday's lesson enough for you to know what would happen if you're not careful?" "That was just bad luck!" Wang Yibo instantly defended himself.

Xiao Zhan gave a long sigh before looking at Wang Yibo and speaking. "Little omega, listen closely. This forest is crawling with perverted and retarted alphas. If you're not careful, god knows what would happen."

Wang Yibo shivered. He knew exactly what would happen, and couldn't help but shiver and hug himself. Cuz right now, he was with a perverted and retarded alpha. 'He's not gonna do anything to me when he's drunk right?'

Xiao Zhan noticed Wang Yibo's weird behaviour and frowned a bit. Honestly, he wasn't able to make out whether the omega's current behaviour was out of fear for him or due to the cold. Nevertheless, Xiao Zhan pulled off his jacket and slowly walked towards Wang Yibo hoping the latter wouldn't freak out. However, Wang Yibo seemed to be lost deep in his thoughts to notice Xiao Zhan approaching him. Being as cautious as ever, the alpha gently covered the omega with his jacket and moved away again.

Xiao Zhan picked up his liquor pot again and started drinking when he heard a loud gasp. Wang Yibo was breathing heavily as he looked around, touching his neck and finally looked at Xiao Zhan. "What happened now? You didn't do anything right?"