11. Grateful or fear?

When Wang Yibo woke up the next morning, he saw Xiao Zhan still sleeping against the tree. This time, Wang Yibo knew better than to run away from the alpha in front of him. He didn't want yesterday's events to be repeated again. As he raised his hands to rub his eyes and chase the sleepiness away, he noticed strips of cloth tied around his wrists. Confused, Wang Yibo untied the cloth pieces and looked at his hands which were mostly healed and had a few pieces of crushed leaf on them.

Wang Yibo looked at his feet and saw cloth strips around his ankles as well. He bent down to untie them and saw that his ankles had also healed up. 'Was he the one who applied the leaf on me when I was unconscious?' Wang Yibo turned his head to look at the sleeping Xiao Zhan, only for a gasp to escape his lips with the sight he saw.

'Beautiful. And handsome.' Wang Yibo thought as he stared at the sleeping face in front of him. Xiao Zhan really was like an angel. His shoulder length black hair and bangs fell on his face, masking half of it. His eyes were still closed, making Wang Yibo's eyes travel till Xiao Zhan's pink lips. Wang Yibo stared at them for a moment and wondered if those lips have ever been kissed by someone.

Wang Yibo widened his eyes and lightly slapped himself. What was he thinking? Just because something is beautiful, doesn't mean you need it. But somehow, this didn't stop Wang Yibo's heart to beat fast. He slapped himself again. He certainly can't have feelings for the man who ruined his happiness.

Although still scared of him and confused, Wang Yibo was now even grateful to Xiao Zhan. If it hadn't been for him, Wang Yibo was afraid he'd never be able to face anyone in his life, not even his own reflection.

Wang Yibo lost track of time as he waited for Xiao Zhan to wake up. After what seemed like eternity, Xiao Zhan woke up and looked at Wang Yibo. This time, Wang Yibo didn't shiver like he usually does when he sees Xiao Zhan. Instead, to his own surprise, he looked right back at Xiao Zhan.

When Xiao Zhan woke up, he expected Wang Yibo to either disappear into the blue again, or for him to stay as far away from him as possible. However, when he woke up, the first thing he saw was Wang Yibo's face near his own, making the alpha widen his eyes ever so slightly. He got up, knowing the fact that Wang Yibo was still looking at him. What happened? Xiao Zhan's mind was running a hundred miles per second. Just as he was about to ask, Wang Yibo spoke. "Thank you."

"Thank you." Wang Yibo said, looking straight as Xiao Zhan. He knew it was quite vague, but it was still better than nothing. Wang Yibo really wanted to say more, but somehow, his mouth failed him. He so desperately wanted to know who exactly the person in front of him is, why he kidnapped him and why he saved him. Although he mostly guessed the answer for the second question, he still wanted to know whether it was true or not.

Xiao Zhan stared at him for a while, creating an awkward silence between the two. "Don't bother. At least now, will you listen to me and not run away?" Xiao Zhan asked, making Wang Yibo look at him for a while before nodding slowly.

Wang Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan after he asked his question. Should he still follow him? Although most part of his brain answered that following Xiao Zhan was the safest option for him, he still didn't let down his guard around him.