43. The Court

"Zhan, aren't we going to the court now?" Wang Yibo asked the next day once they started. "I have a feeling we're going to be late. All the roads to the court are blocked." Right now, Wang Yibo was looking at Xiao Zhan's phone for the best route to go to the court, however, all the roads are red, which means there is a lot of traffic. "We're not." Xiao Zhan replied. "What? Then where are we going?" Wang Yibo asked. Xiao Zhan didn't respond and simply continued to drive. After driving for at least thirty minutes, Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo reached Xinjiang Television headquarters.

Meanwhile, Zhu Zanjin was outside the court, waiting for any news from his men. However, a news channel with Xiao Zhan's face caught his attention, making him go outside to watch it.

"With the intention that youth should enter politics, throwing a bomb on minister Zhu Zanjin and on top of that kidnapping his fiancee and becoming the most notorious criminal in the city, the high court giving him time to surrender, Xiao Zhan, who should be in the court is currently in our studio." The reporter said, making the camera shift it's attention to Xiao Zhan.

"Forgive me for coming in front of you in the TV instead of standing in front of you in the court Your Honour. Zhu Zanjin and his men blocked all the roads to the court so that I couldn't reach you. At a time like this, with the intention that the truth still shouldn't be kept a secret, I request a video conference." Xiao Zhan said politely while waiting for the results.

Although speechless for a while, the lawyer at the court agreed to Xiao Zhan's request and started a video conference. "With all the cases the news reporter said against you, it is enough for you to get a death sentence. Do you have anything to say against this?" The lawyer asked while waiting for a response.

"Your honour, what people think is that they get a mind blowing opportunity to become rich once they get into politics. Once, people used to be scared of seeing the police. Now the police are scared of political leaders. Thugs and goons are literally taking over every nook and corner of politics. Us commoners are literally shivering to enter politics. If this continues, how can the country move forward and develop? We generally say youth goes astray. In reality, politics is the one which goes astray. So, I only tried to get it back in the right track Your Honour." Xiao Zhan said.

"You revealed all the flaws of politics. But how can you justify your actions?" The lawyer asked. "After I ran away from jail, I didn't want to use fire against fire. I just did what I had to do so that people who needed help got everything they needed. Not only that, I even have proof against minister Zhu Zanjin's acts." Xiao Zhan said. "What is that proof?"

The next moment, the camera shifted it's focus from Xiao Zhan to Feng Cong, shocking Zhu Zanjin. "How could you do such a thing sir?" Feng Cong cried. "I wanted to see happiness in your eyes, but you wanted me dead. Do you know how much I did for you?" Feng Cong cried and looked at Xiao Zhan sideways. "Because this guy came in your way to get more money, you told me to throw a bomb on you and blame in on them, and I did and even saved you. So that people won't suspect you, I went to jail so many times and hid."

Next up came Wang Yibo. "Xiao Zhan did a lot for the people and helped in so many ways. I was able to see it with my own eyes. Not only that, he even saved me and so many people from a monster like Zhu Zanjin. So I'm extremely thankful and grateful to him."

After hearing everything, the judge finally concluded. "In the bomblasting case, we are giving a bail to Xiao Zhan since he proved himself innocent. In the same case, we are going to take Zhu Zanjin and Feng Cong into custody."