17. Friends

Xiao Zhan kept running away from Zhu Zanjin along with Wang Yibo. He only stopped when Wang Yibo tripped with exhaustion. Xiao Zhan instantly turned around and moved forward, letting Wang Yibo fall on his chest. He immediately supported the omega by placing a hand on his back. However, Wang Yibo was dead weight on Xiao Zhan, making the alpha realise that he fainted with exhaustion.

'Did I run so fast that he couldn't keep up with me?' Xiao Zhan thought as he gently placed Wang Yibo down. The omega kept breathing heavily, his eyes still closed. Xiao Zhan realised something, making his eyes widen with shock. 'Don't tell me he overexerted himself to keep up with me and got a fever?! Xiao Zhan you idiot! Why did you run so fast?!' Xiao Zhan touched Wang Yibo's forehead and felt the burning hot skin under his palm.

Xiao Zhan slapped himself. How could he be this insensitive? Since when did he become this insensitive? Wang Yibo did get a fever. And it was all his fault. Xiao Zhan picked up Wang Yibo and sighed. What should he do now? He can search for medicinal plants which can reduce a fever. But that would take a lot of time. And the longer he waits, the worse Wang Yibo's fever would become.

Xiao Zhan looked around and realised that the area was familiar. Of course it was! This was the area in which his friends Huang Jingyu and Dilraba Dilmurat lived. Well, at least they lived here three years ago. Taking in a deep breath, Xiao Zhan picked up Wang Yibo and made his way to their old house.

Once he reached their house, Xiao Zhan placed Wang Yibo down while still holding him by the waist and knocked the door, praying they were inside. Fortunately, his friend Huang Jingyu opened the door and was stunned. "Xiao Zhan?" Huang Jingyu said, utterly shocked. "Hey bro. What's up?" Xiao Zhan asked him, smirking.

Huang Jingyu didn't respond to Xiao Zhan's teasing question. "Is he...?" Huang Jingyu started but didn't complete. However, Xiao Zhan understood his question and replied. "Ah, he is Wang Yibo." Xiao Zhan replied simply, making Huang Jingyu shocked to the core. "Jingyu, who is it?" A woman's voice filled the air. "Dilraba, it's our favourite milk boy." "Xiao Zhan?" The woman, Dilraba Dilmurat asked shocked as she came towards them. She was extremely beautiful, with large brown eyes and waist length chocolate brown hair. However, none of that attracted Xiao Zhan in any way.

Xiao Zhan smiled as he looked at Dilraba. "It's been a while. Can I... rest here?" Xiao Zhan asked, looking at the couple while still holding onto Wang Yibo. Huang Jingyu smiled as he looked at Xiao Zhan. "Come in. We have a lot to talk about."