CHAPTER 6

"Dad, my hair has got longer and it's quite disturbing, I can't even play properly dad" I told dad as he was busy typing something on his laptop.

"So what should I do sweetheart?" He asked softly as his gaze was still locked with the laptop screen.

"I need to go to the salon so that I can trim my hair a little bit dad" he averted his gaze from the laptop to me and then looked at my hair.

"But your hair is not that long sweetie" he said.

"But I need a shoulder length hair" I responded.

"But you have a shoulder length hair princess"

"No, my hair is a little bit longer than my shoulder"

"Fine" he sighed " I'm busy princess, ask Zyon to take you to the salon"

"Zyon is busy with his college assignments dad" I reasoned out.

"Okay, ask Richard to take you to the salon"

"Okay dad" I smiled and soon left my dad's room.

Uncle Richard is an old man in his early fifties and happens to be my dad's driver.

It was a sunny afternoon today as I made my way to the driver's room.
"Uncle Richard" I knocked on the door and on the third knock the door opened revealing uncle Richard.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Dad wants you to take me to the salon" I said.

"Okay sweetie, just give me a minute" he said as he walked inside his room and then after a minute returned wearing his uniform.

It's time to put my plan in action..

...............

Uncle Richard opened the car door for me as I reached my home, I looked at him to thank him for driving me to the salon but he was sweating vigorously.

"What's the matter uncle Richard?" I asked as I saw his sweaty face.

"Nothing sweetie, you get inside" he said in a panicky tone.

"Okay" I said and got out of the car and made my way inside.

Mom and dad were having their coffee on the dining area while Zyon was busy munching his cookies.

"Hey dad"
"Hey mom"
"Hey brother" I greeted all three of them and their head snapped in my direction.

And as their head snapped in my direction, the three of them became a complete statue, I mean mom and dad were holding their cup of coffee and the cup was not even moving an inch. Zyon, who was busy munching his cookies suddenly stopped munching as his eyes fell on me, the cookie was stuck in between his lips.

"Mom, dad and Zyon, are you guys okay" I asked wrinkling my nose.

As if I've just pulled them out of their trancr, all three of them suddenly spoke.

"What happened to you princess?"

" What happened to you sweetie?"

"What happened to you Rebecca?" The cookie that was in between Zyon's lips fell on the table.

Dad ,mom and my big brother asked me the same question in unison.
Their eyes were wide open like saucers and their jaw was hanging low.

"What happened to me?" I asked with furrowed brows.

"What happened to your hair, idiot?" Zyon asked still with widened eyes.

"My hair?" I touched my scalp.
"I shaved it" I said nonchalantly.

"You shaved your hair completely, there is no single hair in your scalp" Zyon said incredulously.

"Why did you shave your hair completely?" Mom and dad asked me simultaneously.

"I..uhh. ... I.." I was searching for a proper reason.
"I was having difficulty in shampooing my hair, so I thought of shaving it instead" I just blurted out.

"I would have shampooed your hair, why did you have to turn into a bald" Zyon said still with wide eyes.

"And why on earth would I allow you inside my bathroom while I'm naked in the shower?" I snapped at him.

"Okay, I would have asked mom to shampoo your hair but why did you shave your hair completely?" Zyon was not letting this topic go.

And because of him I might fall in a deep trouble..

"I don't stand naked infront of anyone" I raised my chin up in pride while saying it.

"Your just a kid, you'll not lose anything if you stand naked infront of me, mom and dad because we have already seen you naked and we are not an outsider, we are your family." Zyon said in obvious tone.

"I'm not a kid, I'm ten years old and your such a creep, Zyon"  I yelled at him.

"I'm not a creep, I'm your big brother and you don't look so good ad a bald sissy." he scrunched his nose.

"What do you mean by saying that I don't look good, do I look ugly?" I asked in confusion.

"You don't look ugly but you don't even look good either" Zyon stated.

"Zyon I-" I was cut off as..

"Enough both of you" dad's voice boomed in our dining area.
"Rebecca" dad called me  by my name that means I'm in a deep deep trouble.
"Why did you shave your hair?" He asked sternly looking at me.

"As I said I was having difficulty in shampooing my hair" I said in a low voice as I lowered my head to the ground.

"Don't give me that lame reason, Rebecca" dad shouted and I flinched at the tone he was using.
"You said that you wanted a shoulder length hair then why did you shave your hair completely, huh?" Dad asked, glaring at me.

"I.. I..uhm" my eyes were welling up because dad never spoke to me like this.
"The barber in the salon told me that I had a lot of headlice in my hair, while trimming my hair and in return I asked him how to reduce the lice, he said shaving hair completely can only reduce headlice because I hated headlice, I asked the barber to shave my hair completely" I was scared as hell but however I managed to lie.

"Which salon was it?" Dad gritted as he was seething with rage as he balled his fist.
"I'm gonna kill that barber and burn his salon into ashes" dad growled.

"Dad" I hiccuped as I started crying.
"Please don't talk like that, it's scaring me" more tears rolled down my cheeks including more hiccups.

As dad's gaze fell on me he instantly slumped his shoulders and sighed defeatedly. He walked towards me as he crouched down infront of me and wiped my tears.
"I'm sorry princess, I just got riled up seeing you all bald" dad apologized.

"It's ok..ay" I sniffled plus hiccuped.

Dad hugged me.
"You look beautiful princess" dad whispered.

"Thanks dad" I whispered back with a small smile.

I just can't wait until it's evening because I wanna show Tom that now even I'm a bald..

_____________________