CHAPTER 37

He came out of the bathroom with his sweatpants on and a towel wrapped around his neck. His hair was still wet with some water droplets on his forehead, chest. But that wet hair was awesome.

How I wish I could rake my fingers through those jet black hair..

I blinked and tore my gaze away from Warren.

Don't lose your sanity, Rebecca..

I cleared my throat and glanced at him,
"I think, I should leave" I said and took a step forward.

Please stop me..

What the hell is wrong with me?

I reached the door and was about to open it when I heard him calling me.

"Rebecca!!" My heart fluttered with joy.

Please ask me to stay..

I turned around and flashed a smile.
"Yes?"

"Can you help me, to wear my t-shirt?" he asked and my heart sank.

But wait.

He never wears a tshirt while sleeping but why is he wearing it today.

I was about to open my mouth to ask when he said.

"Please" my heart melted and I forgot about everything.

I walked towards him and took his t-shirt. I slowly pushed the t-shirt down his neck and while doing that, my fingers slightly brushed against his body and he stiffened. After helping him out with his t-shirt, I gave him a nod and he was giving me a look which said stay.

Maybe I'm just thinking, he indeed likes to sleep alone...... maybe. I reached the door and turned the knob before opening it.

Please call me..

Please ask me to stay..

I exited his room with my bag of clothes and closed the door behind me before making my way towards my room.

I inserted my keycard and opened the door to my room. I made my way towards the bathroom and took a long shower to soothe my aching muscles.

After taking a shower, I wore my pajama and sauntered out of the bathroom. I made my towards the bed and laid on it. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but couldn't as I was missing him.

I'm feeling lonely..

Maybe I'm getting used to him..

He's a nice guy..

He took a bullet for me and I will always be gratefully for that..

I turned around to face the other side of the bed where usually Warren sleeps.

It's not good, I shouldn't get used to him..

It's just for a year..

And I have Tom in my life..

I sighed and clenched my eyes shut but the only image I could see was him, was Warren.

I opened my eyes.

What is happening to me?

Why am I thinking about Warren all the time?.

This isn't good, Rebecca..

Think about Tom.

I closed my eyes and suddenly opened it as I heard a doorbell ring.

Who is it?