CHAPTER 8

Yahoo!!! I'm so happy today because I just received a very very very good news and that is, Zyon is leaving for Paris today afternoon, I mean now with his friends, last night I couldn't even sleep properly because of Zyon as he threatened me of keeping an eye on me.

And today I can go to the park without any tension in my head as Zyon would not be here.

"Sweetie, come down your brother is leaving" mom called from downstairs and I quickly descended downstairs to say a goodbye to Zyon.

Zyon was standing near the door holding a bag in his hand.
" Oh Rebecca" he purred as he walked towards me and hugged me.
"Don't worry it's just a week trip and then I'll come back and keep an eye on you" he whispered in my ear.

I pulled back from his dirty hug,
"Bye brother" I waved my hand and gave him my sweet smile.

"Bye Rebecca" he waved his hand.

"Enjoy your trip son" dad smiled.

"Yes dad" Zyon smiled back.

"Take care of yourself and do eat properly, sweetie" mom pinched Zyon's cheek.

God!! When is he leaving..

"I will mom" Zyon hugged mom as I yawned looking at this mother and son affection.

"Zyon come soon, we are waiting" Liam Zyon's friend called him from outside.

Thanks Liam..

"I'm coming" with that said Zyon walked out of the threshold and I grinned widely.

As soon as Zyon left I heaved a contended sigh..

Atlast the thorn is out of my way for a week..

.............

I walked inside the central park as again a lot of head snapped in my direction, staring at me like I'm a foreign alien.

But I kept my head up high and searched for Tom. As I reached the garden area I heard the music which was created by Tom.

Tom is playing violin..

I walked ahead as the sound of the music got louder. I walked and walked until I reached the tree where the sound was coming from and there behind the tree was sitting Tom, playing his violin, he was driving the violin bow abnormally fast across the violin.

"Hey Tom" I called as he lifted his head up, but this time there was no smile on seeing me, instead there were tears in his eyes which were covered behind his glasses.
"Tom" I called him in a panicky tone.
"What happened?" I asked as I sat infront of him.

More tears rolled down his cheeks as he hiccuped.
"Bexi!!" He hiccuped again as those tears were staining his rosy cheeks.

"What happened Tom?" I placed my hand on his, as my voice was filled with worry.

"Bexi, to...today I saw m..y m..om cry...ing hard because of me" he said as he hiccuped in between.

"But why was she crying?" I asked.

"To..day we visited my doctor and you know what that doc..tor did to me?" He asked as uncontrollable tears were flowing down his cheeks.
"He drove a long pipe inside my mouth towards my throat" he held his neck "a..nd it hurted so ba..dly and then the doct..or said that my con...dition is worse..ning and I might have to stay in the hosp..ital with the kids, who are staying there" he was hiccuping continuously.

Even my eyes welled up seeing his state,
"Why can't I just be like the other kids, playing around, eating ice-cream and whatever I want to eat instead of all those bitter medicines" he cried and now even my tears started wetting my cheeks.

"Why did god had to punish me by giving me the cancer desease, such a big desease? Am I that bad Bexi that I don't even deserve to live a happy life?"

He's suffering from cancer..

"Please don't cry Tom" I pleaded as more tears rolled down my cheeks.
"And your not a bad kid, your very good kid and your mother is the most luckiest woman to have you as a son" my voice broke as a huge lump formed on my throat.

"Am I gonna die Bexi?" He looked at me with tear filled eyes as his voice was low.

"No" I said instantly, swallowing the lump.
I cupped his cheeks,
"You'll survive, you'll survive every storm in your life, you'll survive every pain because your strong Tom" I wiped his tears.

"But why do I feel that I'm gonna die?" He asked with a low voice.

"You will not die" I yelled " if you'll die then even I'm gonna die" I said.

"No" he said instantly.
"You will not die, I'll die because I'm the one who is having cancer" he said hopelessly.

"Please survive, please stay strong for your mother, for your dad and for me" I said the last part in a low voice as I hugged him tightly.

He hugged me back by resting his head on my shoulder before whispering,
"Will I survive this desease?"

"Yes you will, I believe in you" I said as he slowly composed himself and stopped crying.

We pulled back from the hug and sat side by side staring at the garden as Tom slowly rested his head on my shoulder.

"Within two weeks my vacations are gonna end" I said.

"Hmmm" he hummed in return.

"I think that you should come with me to the school, you'll feel better as you'll get many friends"

"But my dad won't allow that" he said in a low voice.

"Ask your dad once properly, plead infront of him." I said as he took his head off of my shoulder.

"I'll try" he stated as I smiled and then there was a brief peaceful silence between us.

"Bexi" he called.

"Hmm"

"I like you" he said with a small smile but I pouted.

"You only like me but I love you" I blurted out as Tom's eyes widened.

"Really?" He asked as I nodded.

"Don't you love me?" I asked as he wasn't saying those words back.

"I love you too, Bexi"

"Really?" I asked as he nodded with a smile.

And again there was a brief silence between us as we both were smiling widely at our confessions.

And at that right moment Tom's stupid watch rang as Tom stood up to leave.

"I should go now, mom might be worrying about me" with that said he started walking towards the exit and then vanished away.

I hope Tom will get well soon..

God please..

_____________________