CHAPTER 13

I stirred in my sleep and turned around in my bed as I could continuously hear the annoying sound of my alarm but however with great difficulty I woke up and rubbed my eyes before shutting the alarm clock.

It was six in the morning, I woke up early because today as it was my first day in my office and being late on my first day doesn't make a good impression.

I got up from the bed and made my way towards my bathroom. I took a long shower to chase away my laziness. After the shower, I came out and dried my hair before wearing my white tidy button-down shirt with a grey blazer and grey formal pants, I sat on the edge of my bed and wore my classic heels. I tied my blac- ..um sorry, I tied my blonde hair up in a ponytail, I slightly applied some make-up on my face and then wore my watch.

I looked at myself in the mirror, well I was looking professional. I took my car keys and checked the time, it was exactly seven as I descended downstairs.

"Oh honey, you look so beautiful" mom complimented me with a smile.

"Thanks mom" I smiled

"Where's Zyon, Ashley and dad?" I looked around.

"Zyon and Ashley left last night as Arthur was crying saying that he wants to go home back" mom said.
"And your dad is in bathroom doing his morning routine" mom chuckled.

I smiled, the breakfast was served as dad entered the dining area.

"Oh my princess is ready for her first day" dad said proudly.

We all were having our breakfast with some chit-chat and after having breakfast, I stood up and hugged both dad and mom and left the house.

I sat inside my car and revved the engine before exiting our property.

I drove towards the doughnut shop to buy me and Ashley some doughnuts as I stopped the car infront of the doughnut shop.
I got out and made my way towards the doughnut shop and was about to open the glass door but I didn't.

It was like some heavenly call was telling me to turn my head around and I did.

And there in the middle of the road was a women in her early fifties wearing a light blue color sundress and holding a small oxygen cylinder as her nose had those nasal cannula on.

Does she has difficulty in breathing?..

But the main thing was, she was in between the road and a car was coming in her direction. I quickly ran to her with these stupid heels on. I reached her as fast as I could and pulled her to me as the car passed by.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" I asked her as I looked at her, she was completely flabbergasted.

"Ye...yes... I..a..am" She stuttered.

"Is there somebody with you?" I asked looking at her state.

I mean she's ill..

"No I'm alone"

"Oh" was all I could say.
I checked the time in my watch and it was just half past seven.

I can help her..

"I can drop you to your place?" I suggested.

"Can you?" She asked as I nodded.

"Can you tell me your address?" I asked.

"I live in minetta street" she smiled.

It wasn't that far from here, it might only take me ten minutes to drive her and I won't be late for my office also.

"Let's go" I smiled as she also returned the smile.
"Can I carry that for you?" I asked as I pointed towards her small oxygen cylinder.

"No it's alr-" I cut her off.