CHAPTER 29

Daisy left after a while and now I was having my dinner as Warren was sitting before me. As I finished my dinner, Warren passed me the tablets and I swallowed it.

Warren left the room as I took my laptop out to finish my pending work and by tomorrow I have to submit it, so I immediately started working on it.

After a while Warren entered the room with his laptop and sat on his side of the bed opening his laptop.

"Are you not going to sleep?" He asked as he was typing something on his laptop.

"Yeah, after I finish my work " I said as he nodded.

I fixed my gaze on my laptop when I heard him say,
"My friend suggested me to watch this movie, wanna accompany me?"

"No, thanks.  I have to finish my work as I have to submit it by tomorrow" I reasoned.

"Okay" he smiled.

I again fixed my gaze to the laptop and started doing my work. Warren was busy watching his movie with high volume and that distracted me.

Can't he just turn the volume a little low..

I opened my mouth to complain about it but before I could do that he spluttered with laughter and I jolted.

"Oh god! This is so funny" he said between his laughs.

He rewinded the film for a minute and even I took a glimpse of it.

What made him laugh like that.?.

It was nothing, a dog was chasing a man and suddenly the dog bit him as the man was groaning in pain.

Warren again started laughing loudly seeing that scene again.

Even I couldn't concentrate on my work, so I decided to tell him to reduce the volume. But before I could do that, he again bursted with laughters, he was laughing so hard that his eyes turned watery.

And that piqued my interest..

What is so funny in that movie that he's laughing so hard. Even I wanna watch that movie. But which movie is it?  I slowly took a glimpse of the movie but suddenly there was a knock on our door.

"Come in" Warren said.

A maid entered the room holding a large bowl of popcorn and handed it to Warren.  In return Warren said a small thank you as the maid walked out of the room.

"Do you wanna watch the movie?" Warren asked as he saw me staring at him.

My eyes switched between my laptop and his, and finally I decided.

I can finish my work later...

I shut down my laptop and looked at Warren, he just chuckled before placing his laptop in between us.

But he didn't place that bowl of popcorn between us..

Is he gonna eat it all by himself, I focused my attention on his laptop,on the movie.

And again a funny scene appeared, I snickered while Warren again spluttered with laughters.

The movie is good..

Warren absent mindedly placed the popcorn in between as I slowly pushed my hand towards the yummy popcorns but suddenly Warren pulled the bowl with wide eyes.

"You're ill!!" He said incredulously  as I pulled my hand to my sides being a little embarrassed.
"Just kidding " he winked as he started chuckling and placed the bowl in between us.

I smiled and took a handful of popcorn to eat and enjoyed the movie.

The movie ended as I yawned while Warren was still smiling, looking at the laptop screen.

"I really like happy ending movies." he said with soft smile.

"Me too" I agreed.

"Everybody deserves a happy ending in their lives" he muttered slowly as that beautiful smile vanished away.

I didn't know how to reply so I just kept quiet.

"However I'm very sleepy,  goodnight" he stretched his hand above his head.
"By the way, am I allowed to remove my shirt here, while sleeping?" he asked.

I smiled before replying,
"Yes your allowed but after switching off the lights"

"Okay, thank you" he smiled and turned off the light as I laid down on the edge and closed my eyes as sleep took over me.

.............

Sunlight beamed through the glasses as I slowly opened my eyes but I immediately got up from my bed as I remembered something.

Shoot shoot shoot shoot.....
Somebody shoot me..
God!!
How come I forgot to finish my work..
Warren!!

He was not on the bed, I quickly opened my laptop and started doing my work.

I was sweating so hard yet I didn't avert my gaze away from my laptop. An hour passed as I finished my work, I pressed the send button and sighed contentedly.

I stretched my arms above my head before making my way towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and to take a shower.

After taking a shower, I dressed up and made my way downstairs. I saw Isabella sitting in the lounge, going through some magazines but as her gaze fell on me, she smiled and placed the magazine away.

"How are you feeling, Rebecca?" She asked.

"Now I'm fine" I responded with a smile.

"Did you have your breakfast?" She asked.

"No, I was-" I was cut off.

"I asked Warren to take care of you properly and yet..." Her lips clenched
"Wher is he?" She asked softly.

"I don't know but it isn't his fault, I just woke up and I can take care of myself" I smiled.

Should I ask her?..

Let's try,

"Uhm..mother" I called.

"Yes sweetie" she responded.

"Um.. do you know anything about Warren's previous girlfriends I mean did he ever brought a girl to you so that you can meet her" I asked and in return she laughed richly.

"I'm sorry" she stopped laughing.
"He never brought a girl to me to meet and I doubt he ever had a girlfriend"

So Isabella wasn't against their relationship..

Then why didn't he marry her?

"If Warren had brought a girl to you to meet, would you have agreed to their relationship" I asked.

"If they would have truly loved each other, I would have surely agreed to it but why are you asking me these question?" She raised a brow.

"Simply" I shrugged.

"You know he never even had a date for his prom party" she laughed.

Just like me,

Even I never had a boy as my prom date, Daisy was my date. I didn't even wanted to go prom but Daisy forced me and she was not taking no for an answer.

I opened my mouth to ask further but Warren entered as mine and Isabella's head snapped in his direction.

"Where were you Warren?" Isabella asked .

"Morning walk, mom" he replied as Isabella nodded.
"Did you have your breakfast?" He asked averting his gaze to me.

"No"

"Good, even I didn't have, let's eat together" with that said we both walked towards the dining area.

And now I had one wish and that was.

To see who this mystery girl is.....

____________________