CHAPTER 15

It's been two weeks since dad asked me to marry someone but till now my answer is a big no, how can dad ask me to marry a stranger. Zyon was supporting me and was trying to convince dad to not force me into this marriage and dad was trying to convince me to marry. Well, I got a very loving and caring brother, I admit it. Dad keeps on telling me that it's a good family and the boy is brilliant. Once dad even asked me if I'm a lesbian and I was shocked because I'm straight and how could dad even ask me that. He knows that I never had a boyfriend before and he thinks that I don't want anyone in my life. But it's not true, I want only one person in my life and that is Tom. I can't tell him about Tom because I don't know where Tom is.

And right now I'm sitting on one of the benches of the central park, playing my violin.

Well, I'm depressed..

When I'm happy, I play violin, when I'm sad, I play violin and when I miss Tom, I play violin.

Where are you, Tom?

I sighed and stopped playing before placing my violin aside. My phone started ringing but I ignored it.

What if the call is from Mr Andrews?..

What if he found Tom..

I quickly pulled out my phone out of my pants pocket and to my utter disappointment it was mom. I sighed again.

I received the call,
"Hello" I said in a dry voice.

"Rebecca.." mom's voice was breathless filled with panic.
"Your dad..." She stopped as I could hear her sobbing.

"What happened to dad?" I stood up from the bench as my voice was also panicky.

"He fell down in the bathroom, he....he fainted..." Mom hiccuped.

"Did you call the doctor?" I asked.

"Yes and I called Zyon, he's on his way" mom said.

"I'm coming mom" with that said, I disconnected the call and took my violin as I marched towards my car.

...........

I reached my house and quickly got out of my car and sauntered in. I quickly made my way towards dad's room. The doctor was talking with Zyon and then took his briefcase and sauntered out.

I stepped in as I saw dad lying on the bed, blanket draped over him.

"How is he?" I asked Zyon.

"He's fine" Zyon sighed.

"What happened? How he fainted?" My voice was filled with worry.

"Hypertension" mom whispered.

"His blood pressure raised up and that caused him to faint" Zyon said as I nodded.

"I want to talk to Rebecca..." dad said with his weak voice. "....Alone"

Mom and Zyon nodded as mom got up from the chair and sauntered out. Zyon walked towards me,
"He might force you to say yes for the marriage but do what your heart says. If you don't want to marry then just say no" Zyon whispered in my ear and walked off.

"Come here, princess" dad called me with a soft yet weak smile. I walked towards him and sat beside him on the bed, holding his hand on mine.

"I just want to see you happy, just look at Zyon he has his own family and family is power, princess" he explained as I just listened to him.
"If you have someone in your life, I will not force you to marry Isabella's son but I just want to see you happy and settled and this man can keep you happy, he's really a very good man. I just want to see you settled before I die-" I cut him off