CHAPTER 44

I blinked and chuckled like an idiot.
"What?"

"Your drunk!" This time he didn't ask it as a question instead he stated it firmly.

"Am I?" I laughed, my hand covering my mouth.

"Yes, you are" his expression was serious as he folded his hands across his chest.

"Yes, I am" I took a step back and tried to control my amusement. Even I folded my hands infront of my chest, copying his serious expression.

But my serious expression couldn't last long as I fluttered with laughter, my hands clutching my stomach. Warren just shook his head in dismay.

"Where have you been?" He finally asked.

"To club" I answered, fixing my posture.

"Why?" Came his question again.

"Obviously to have fun" I snickered.
"There I met an amazing man, who told me that I'm not a bitch and I'm not a BITCH. I don't know w-" I was cut off by Warren.

"Wait a man. Who was he?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Not a man, he's an amazing man" I said as his jaws clenched.

"Who was he?" He asked with clenched jaws.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"Who. Was. He?" He asked a little bit loudly, emphasizing each word and that pissed me.

"I. Said. I. Don't. Know" I screamed, emphasizing each word.

"Shh!!" Warren placed his index finger on his lips and hushed me.
"Don't scream, mom is fast asleep"

"Mom?"

"Yes, mom. You know she was worried sick about you, not returning home from office and I had to lie to her that you had an important meeting to handle and you might come home late, I LIED to her" his chest was heaving up and down.
"And where is your phone? I called you so many times and you didn't even recieve it." he glared and his tone was so accusing.

Automatically tears filled my eyes, he's blaming me.

How dare he?

My nostrils flared as I was trying to stop my tears from flowing down but I miserably failed.

With teary eyes, I glared at him as his eyes softened.

"Rebecca, I didn't-" I cut him off.

"Why should I receive your call, huh? Who are you to me?" I growled loudly.
"You don't own me" now even my chest was heaving up and down.

His extended his hand to touch mine but I pulled back and he also pulled his hand back. I saw sadness in his eyes.
"Okay I'm sorry,please calm down. We can talk without arguing and your not even in your sober state." he said.

"I don't wanna talk to you, everything is your fault" I wiped my tears and turned around.

"What is my fault?" He asked as I made my way towards stairs and started climbing.
Warren was following me. Soon I reached my room and Warren also entered the room, before closing the door behind him.

I was about enter the washroom when Warren suddenly caught my wrist. I slowly turned around to face him.

"You said everything is my fault, what is it?" He asked.

"Your fault?" I blinked.

"What is my fault?" He asked again looking deeply into my eyes.

"Everything is your fault,your making me forget about him" I said looked into his eyes.