CHAPTER 17

"YES??!!!!" Daisy screamed loudly as all the heads inside the Cafe snapped in our direction.

"Don't scream" I whisper yelled at her as I shot her a glare.

"Are you freaking kidding me, you just agreed to marry a guy, who you don't even know " she shot me an equal deathly glare.

"I said you, I'll just be married to him for a year"

"You mean contract type?" She rolled her eyes.

"Maybe?"

"You don't know, how these arranged grooms are, you don't even read novels" she huffed.

"What?" I wrinkled my nose in confusion.

"I read a lot of arranged marriage books and you know what happens in those books, the male lead treats his arranged bride like a trash, like a piece of shit, he abuses her and curses her out loud, calling her some mean names and in one of the book that I've read, the male character almost raped his arranged wife." She said all this in one breath as her chest was heaving up and down.

"Oh! that's brutal and..." I looked at her before continuing.
"..I don't think Warren will treat me like that...." she was about to open her mouth but I  continued,
"....and if he ever treats me like that I'm just gonna call 911 and without any hesitation I'm gonna put him behind the bars" I completed.

"Good!" She exclaimed "and don't forget to call me after calling 911" she flipped her blonde hair.
"Why did you even agree to marry him?" She grumbled as she folded her arms infront of her chest.

"I already said you about it" I sighed.

"Yeah yeah,Warren's mom is suffering from cancer and she feels alive around you and you just wanna help them out" she rolled her eyes.
"I know you have a soft corner towards all these cancer patients and I even know how you donated tons of money to the cancer patients but what about your life? and what about Tom?" She asked softly.

"As I said this marriage is only gonna be for a year and I might even find Tom within this year" I smiled.

"I hope so" she smiled back.
"Well do you have any pic of your would be for a year husband" she asked as I nodded,.

Dad sent me the pic the day I first met Warren, I scrolled through my phone and finally found his pick,
"Here he's Warren" I tossed my phone to her.

"Oh my me, he's damn hot, after a year, I'm gonna have him for a week" she joked as I just chuckled at her naughtiness.

"He's unavailable" I said.

"Why?" She pouted.

"Because he already has a girl in his life" I smiled.

Her face suddenly turned all serious,

"What happened?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me that he already has a girlfriend in his life?" She asked authoritatively.

"What's wrong in that? Even I have Tom in my life" I shrugged.

"You're not understanding" she sighed.

"Then make me understand " I groaned in return.

"I said that I read arranged marriage novels..." she started.

"Yes you do" I agreed.

"In those books if the male lead has a girlfriend, he.." she paused looking into my eyes.

"He?" The curiosity was killing me.

"He brings his girlfriend to his house and kiss or smooch his girlfriend infront of his wife"

"Eww!! That's so gross" I exclaimed.

"And the male lead will also sleep with his girlfriend and the wife will hear their moans and automatically she feels depressed, sad and I don't want you to feel depressed or sad" she gently patted my shoulder.

"Why would I be depressed if he sleeps around?" I wrinkled my nose in confusion.

"Because you'll fall for him"

"No!" I instantly replied
"I'll never fall for him"

"This is what all the female lead tell but in the end, they end up falling hard for the male lead" she said sadly.

"Those are called books for a reason " I shook my head in dismay.

My phone suddenly dinged and I unlocked my phone to see a message from dad, I instantly clicked on it and the message read,

Come soon princess, I need to talk to you.

I raised a brow at his message but however I got up and said Daisy a goodbye and left the Cafe.

As soon as I reached home, I was first greeted with dad, dad was really happy when I said yes for the marriage, he even fixed our wedding date and my wedding is in a month.

"What happened dad?" I asked.

"Tomorrow Warren is coming here to pick you up so that you guys can select your wedding rings by yourselves. " Dad smiled richly before walking off.

Did he just call me to say this.?.

"Rebecca" I turned around as I heard Zyon calling me.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure you wanna marry him, you don't have to marry him because dad is telling you to" he said with a serious expression on his face.

"No, Warren is a good guy and that's the reason why I'm marrying him" I smiled.

"Well, he's really a good guy even I met him once " Zyon smiled back.

"Well I gotta go to my room to freshen up" I said and ascended upstairs.

As I reached my room, my phone started ringing and I took my phone out and it was Daisy calling me. I answered her call.

"Hel-" I was cut off by her.

"Why did your dad call you all of the sudden?" She asked.

"He just called me back home to say that Warren was coming tomorrow to pick me, so that we can go and select are wedding ring" I explained.

There was brief silence on the other side so,

"Daisy, are you there?" I asked.

"Yeah, I know what he is gonna do tomorrow" she said.

"What do you mean?"

"He's gonna take you to the jewellery shop and leave you there alone to select the ring and then he's gonna go meet his so called girlfriend" again she said all this in one breath.

"I can select the ring by myself for both of us, there's no problem"

"You're such a dumbass" even we're in phone, I can make out that she's rolling her eyes.

"Look Daisy, there's no love between us, it's just gonna be a year and that's it. And as I said, I don't have any problem in selecting the ring all alone instead I'll be happy if he'll leave me at jewellery shop all alone to select, he can go meet his girlfriend, it's none of my concern" I said with the authority filled voice.

"Fine" she sighed.

Then after a small chit-chat, we disconnected the call as I descended downstairs to have dinner.

______________________