CHAPTER 43

The strong smell of alcohol hit my nostrils as I entered the club. Couples were making out at the entrance as I looked away and followed Daisy. The expected turned bearable this time.

"Let's go to the bar" she said as I nodded.

We made our way to the bar and sat on the stool. Daisy ordered herself a cocktail and for me a mocktail. We were just sitting on the stool, slurping our drink and watching people dirty dancing on the dance floor.

Suddenly a man approached Daisy and sat on the stool beside her.

"Hey, it's you!!" Daisy grinned and blushed.

"Nice to see you again" the man smiled.

Daisy shyly tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear and turned towards me.

"Reb, this is Daryn. Remember"

The guy who asked her out..

"Yes" I nodded.

"Daryn, this is my best friend Rebecca" Daisy introduced me.

"Hi" he smiled.

"Hi" I smiled back.

We three were sitting quietly but then Daryn spoke up.
"It's boring in here, come let's dance and enjoy"

"Yes, sure" Daisy agreed and then turned towards me.
"Reb, come let's dance" she called.

"No I'm fine, you go and dance"

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Totally sure" I smiled and shooed her away.

Daryn and Daisy made their way to the dance floor and started slow dancing with each other. Daryn looked like a nice guy, with brown hair and hazel eyes and with very good personality.

Not as good as Warren..

Forget about him.

I turned around towards my drink and slurped it.

I think Warren is having fun time with his girl. They might have gone for long drive or something.

Why am I thinking about them?

Again I sipped my drink.

From the corner of my eyes I saw a someone sitting beside me. I slightly tilted my head and saw a man, tall, broad, dark haired, smiling down at me.

I instantly averted my gaze back to my drink, I could sense him staring at me.

Suddenly he pushed a drink towards me. I turned towards him and looked at him, my face stoic.
"You look lonely and depressed. Tequila can heal everything" he smirked.

I just ignored him and averted my eyes back to my drink.

"Ignoring me, Are you?" I could hear him chuckle.
"Look, I'm not hear to take advantage of you. I just need a friend who I can talk to.." he sighed.
"Everyone is busy with someone and I also needed someone to talk, only to talk. Believe me" he said.

I looked at him and he was smiling at me.
"I can buy myself a drink" I said.

"Okay, buy yourself a tequila, you look depressed, maybe it can help. Whenever I'm depressed, tequila helps me out" he said.

I ordered myself a tequila and soon the bartender passed me a shot.
Within one go I gulped the drink and the bitter taste hit my taste bud.

"One more?" The guy asked.

And I nodded.

Again I gulped and ordered another shot.

"So why are you sad?" He asked.

I chuckled humourlessly before shrugging.
"I'm a bitch and a homewrecker" I chuckled again and turned to face him. My senses were slowly fading as I gulped my fourth shot.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, seeming interesting in my life.

"My husband loves a girl and he already told me about her before our marriage. And whenever I see them together, I feel this bad pain in my chest" it felt good to share it with someone.

"Your husband is a dick" he scrunched his nose in disgust.

I instantly shot him a hard glare.
"Don't call him that." I said coldly.
"My husband is a very good man, he's every girls dream man, he's really a very good man" I took another shot.

"Looks like you love him a lot" the man said.

I placed the glass on the table with a loud thud before looking at him, my eyes were blurry.
"I don't know" I muttered lowly.

"How come you became a bitch and a homewrecker?" He asked slurping his drink.

"What do you mean?" I slurred, my eyes slowly closing.

"I mean your husband's girlfriend is a bitch and a homewrecker, she's coming between you guys. Your his wife and that girl is his girlfriend. Who's big? Wife or a girlfriend?"

"Obviously..... wife?" I replied in questioning manner.

"Right, wife is important in a man's life not his girlfriend. So your not a bitch and a homewrecker" he said.

"Am I not?"

"No your not, it's his girlfriend." He said slurping his drink.

A smile automatically made it's way to my lips.
"I'm not a homewrecker."

"REB!!!?" I heard Daisy's voice as I turned around in the stool.

She walked towards me with Daryn following her.

"Your drunk?" She asked and turned towards the man sitting beside me.
"You!!" She pointed a finger to the man in an accusing way.
"You made her drink
alcohol, right!" She snapped.

"No, I bought it myself" I chuckled but Daisy ignored me.

"Wanna take advantage of her?" She shouted.

"What? No?" He said incredulously.
"She looked sad, so I was just talking to her"

"And what did you talk to her?" Daisy glared.

"She was talking about her husband and his extra marital affair" he said as Daisy frowned and turned towards Daryn.

"Uhm.... Daryn, I have to take Reb home" she said as he nodded and soon we were sitting inside her car and I was like totally drunk.

"Reb, what's wrong with you?" Worry lines appeared on her forehead.

"Huh?" I just snikered like an idiot.

Daisy fastened my seatbelt.
"Talking to you now is useless" with that said she revved the engine and soon we exited the club.

.........

We reached the Albatross mansion and it was dark outside. Daisy slowly pulled me out of her car. I couldn't walk properly, so she placed a hand on my waist and walked along with me to the main door.

She was about to press the bell button, when suddenly the door opened revealing Warren, holding his car keys and he had a very tensed face.

"Rebecca?" He called.

"Uhm... Here, I have to go, my boyfriend is waiting for me inside the car" Daisy lied and she was looking quite nervous.

She handed me to Warren as Warren caught me and soon Daisy disappeared.

I was in Warren's arms and it felt good.
Warren closed the door and walked inside but suddenly he pulled back.
"Your drunk?" He asked incredulously.

__________________