CHAPTER 20

The two weeks passed by very soon and today,I mean right now I was standing infront of a mirror, gazing at myself, I was wearing my wedding dress, a very uncomfortable wedding dress, it was very long, sweeping the floor kind of long and was a little revealing.

My mom chose my wedding dress and when I refused her selection, she said,

'look, this dress is so beautiful and you're looking so beautiful in it, marriage only happens once, it's a very beautiful day and you're the bride, you have to look gorgeous.'  mom said with a huge grin.

'What if I divorce Warren and marry someone, then my marriage will occur twice' I said nonchalantly as mom's facial expression changed.

'REBECCA?!!' mom glared.
' don't talk like that' I just nodded and apologized.

I couldn't say anything further, so that's the reason today I'm wearing this dress. There was a loud bang on the door and then the door opened revealing Daisy with a huge smile plastered on her face but that didn't last long as her gaze fell on me.

"Hey, what happened? You look sad" she walked towards me.

Because I'm sad..

"It's nothing" I replied.

"You don't wanna marry him, do you?" She asked as my eyes welled up.

"I... I'm just scared" I said the truth.

"Scared of what? You know what to do if he treats you like a crap" worry lines appeared on her forehead.

"It's not that" I blinked my tears back.
"I'm just thinking about Tom" my voice broke at the end as her shoulder slumped and she sighed in defeat.

"If you want you can run away from this, you still have time, I'll help you" Daisy said in a low voice.

I shook my head in no,
"I can't do that, what about dad? Me..., running away from my wedding will just tarnish my dad's reputation" I covered my face with my hands.

"Just think that you're marrying Tom, you might feel better" Daisy suggested.

But before I could reply there was a soft knock on my door and then the door opened revealing mom with soft smile on her face as she walked towards me.

"Oh my god!" Mom squealed.
"You look so beautiful, your dad and I were waiting for this day for such a long time and it has already occurred" a tear rolled down her cheek as she quickly wiped it off.

"Mom, please don't cry" even my eyes were welling up.

"You look so beautiful" mom cupped my cheeks and then turned towards Daisy,
"Daisy dear, I think you should go down as you're the maid of honor" mom smiled as Daisy nodded and walked outside.

"We are always here for you Rebecca, when ever you need us" mom had a sad smile on her face as she was controlling her emotions.

It's not like I'm moving to a different state, I can visit my parents whenever I want, it's not like Ashley. Ashley's parents live in Florida but she lives here in New York with Zyon, she do visit her parents once in month and I'm grateful that my parents and I are in same state.

Again the door opened revealing Zyon and dad.

"My princess is looking so pretty" dad grinned.

"After all she's my sister" Zyon winked.

"It's time for you us to walk you down the aisle" dad said and extended his hand for me to take and along with that Zyon also extended his one hand out and I raised a brow at him in confusion.

"You know it Rebecca, I don't have a daughter, so even I'm also going to walk you down the aisle, please let me be the part of this moment because in future I cannot live this moment because I have no daughter" he smiled and I also smiled back as I placed my one hand on dad's palm while the other one on Zyon's palm.

Zyon grinned and stood beside me.

I've got the best brother in the world..

Dad also stood beside me and all three of us started walking, we reached the garden and started walking down the aisle, I could see Warren standing there, wearing a white tuxedo.

Again my eyes welled up seeing him there, I don't know but I'm really very scared. We reached the altar as dad slowly placed my hand on Warren's palm and Warren politely pulled me up on the altar.

Warren and I held each other's hand and we stared into each other's eyes. I instantly tore my gaze from him and blinked back my tears.

I'm marrying Tom..

I just kept that in my head as the priest started chanting some prayers before starting the rituals.

"Are you alright?" Warren whispered but I didn't look at him,my gaze was fixed on the floor as I just nodded.

"Hmm" I hummed.

"Take your vows" the priest said.

I just clenched my eyes shut for a second,

This isn't right..

"I, Warren Albatross, take you Rebecca Rosington to be my..."

STOP,  just stop..

"... lawfully wedded wife in happiness and in sorrow, richer and poorer, in sickness and in health, for better and for worse,.."

Stop, please..

"....to love and cherish until death do us apart"

Everything was a lie and the only emotion I'm feeling right now is guilt..

A lone tear rolled down my cheeks as I quickly wiped it off.

I'm not gonna cry..
I'm marrying Tom..

I just kept on consoling myself as the priest cleared his throat and gestured me to take my vows.

"I, Rebecca Rosington, take yo..u To-" my voice broke as my mind was filled with the memories of Tom.
".... Warren Albatross, to be my lawfully wedded husband,.."

Just think about Tom..

"..in better and in worse, in sickness and in health, in happiness and in sorrow, in wealth and in poorer.."

Just think about the sweet smile that Tom used to give me..

"...to love and cherish until death do us apart" I exhaled deeply as I finished taking my vows.

Arthur, Zyon's first son entered the altar as a ring bearer, we took our rings and exchanged it before signing our marriage certificate, I inhaled deeply and with my trembling hands, I took the pen and signed.

The priest turned towards the congregation and announced,
"Now I pronounce them as husband and wife, and to all of you who came here to witness this beautiful union, Mr and Mrs Albatross" the crowd cheered loudly as the priest continued.
"Now you may kiss the bride"

My heart was beating rapidly as our eyes locked, he leaned forward as I closed my eyes,

It's Tom, it's Tom, it's Tom, only Tom..

His lips slightly brushed against my philtrum (the area below the nose and above the lips) and within a second he pulled back, it was just a peck on the philtrum.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him and he was already looking at me with a small smile on his face.

He took my hand in his and turned towards the congregation and smiled. The crowd cheered loudly and everybody raised a toast in this happy moment.

Am I the only one who is sad?..

_______________________