CHAPTER 49

Warren left the room after listening to all my ramblings, but it felt good to share it with someone about Tom.

Tom..

I always had a strong feeling that he was alive and I would find him one day. I still couldn't believe that he was no more.

I was still on the floor, crying. My whole body felt numb. My mind wasn't working. All I could think about was Tom and his sufferings. I still remember how he cried while talking about the doctors hurting him. It hurts, it hurts really bad that I lost him.

Suddenly I heard something, a slight music playing from afar. I wiped my tears and stood up with the support of the table. I walked towards the door and exited the room. The sound of the music got a bit louder but I couldn't make out which music was it, I walked further more down the corridor as the music got louder and my eyes widened.

Somebody was playing violin, but the main thing was the music. It was the same music which Tom used to play for me. I walked further more down the corridor until I reached the end. There was an open door from where the music was coming from.

With my heart beating rapidly, I slowly took a step inside the room. It was more like a storeroom with dust everywhere. It was Warren, his right side of the body, facing me. He had the violin placed on his collarbone and he was dragging the bow across the violin strings smoothly. He was playing that music, Tom's music.

How come he knows the music because the music was created by Tom..

Is he somehow related to Tom?

He stopped playing the violin. I think he felt my presence as he fully turned towards me. His eyes were coated with a think layer of moisture and he had a small yet sweet smile on his lips.

I took a deep breath to brace myself.
"How.....do you kno-..."

"It's me Bexi, it's me, Tom" my breath caught in my throat as I looked at him.

He's Tom.?.

How come?

But he called me Bexi, only Tom knows me by that name.

He is actually Tom.

I can't believe this..

He placed the violin aside and opened his arms.

A huge smile appeared on my lips as I wiped my tears and ran towards him and encircled my arms around his neck, hugging him. He hugged me back. We stood there hugging each other, lost in each other's warmth. It felt good to be in his arms.

All this way I was staying with Tom and I couldn't even recognise him. The smile was not leaving my lips.

I was so happy..

He slightly pulled away as he rested his forehead against mine.
"I love you!" He breathed.

I pulled back and looked into his dark eyes as our eyes locked.
"Whenever I saw your green eyes, I knew in my heart that you were my Bexi but then my eyes would land on your hair and I would shook that thought off because I knew that bexi had black hair not blonde." He chuckled as a lone tear flowed down his cheek.

I wiped his tear,
"You've changed a lot in fourteen years" I said as he took my hand in his.

"Yeah" he smiled and bobbed his head up and down.

I had so many questions in my head but I didn't know how to ask.

"I know you have a lot of questions going on in your head and I'm willing to answer all of them but wait a second" he said and walked past me to the other side of the room.

He took a stool from the corner and placed it beneath him before climbing on it. There, on the other side of the room was a metallic chain connected to the wooden ceiling of the room. He pulled that chain and suddenly a dozen of wooden stairs came falling down to the floor.

"Come!!" He gestured me to come towards him and I did.

I climbed the stairs and it led me to the terrace of the house. A chill ran down my spine as the night breeze hit my skin. The dark sky above us was beautiful with a little clusters of stars shining on it.

Warren walked forward and took my hand in his as we walked towards the stool and sat on it, side by side.

"So,ask what you want to know." He said.

"Um.." I didn't know what to ask first as I had so many questions.
"Why didn't you tell me that your name is Warren on the first day we met on the park?" I asked as a small smile crept on his face.

"My mom was a famous classical singer and a violinist at her time and my dad was also a famous business man. My mom was facing a firtility problem and couldn't have a child for a long time, after the medications and a minor surgery,they finally had me..." He sighed.
".... They didn't want to reveal me, they wanted to keep my life private, out of public, specially away from paparazzi. To keep me safe. They wanted me to live a life like other kids do in that age, they didn't want their popularity to cause a hindrance in my life....." Suddenly the smile disappeared from his face.
".....Then suddenly one day, I fell ill and we went to see a doctor, he did some tests and soon the reports came saying that I was suffering from cancer..." His lips twitched downwards.
".... Mom and dad were miserable during those days. Mom gave up her music career because of me, she used to play violin for me. Staying all day at home was extremely boring. I wanted to get out of the house, so I requested mom to let me but she didn't agree at first but eventually she agreed seeing my crying face but she strictly warned me to not tell my name to anyone and I obeyed. She asked her driver to leave me at the central park at four and asked him to pick me up at five. And you very well know how my first day at the park was,kids bullying me..." His lips slightly tugged up.
"... And then you came for my rescue, you just asked my name friendly and in return I called you a stranger rudely. I couldn't tell you my name as mom warning was struck in my head. But I felt bad when I hurted you, so the name Tom came in mind and I told you that my name is Tom." He completed.

A thik layer of moisture coated my eyes while listening to him, he literally suffered a lot in his life.

"Why did you never come to the park again, you disappeared all of the sudden, where were you?" The next question automatically came out of my mouth.

"My condition was worsening, so my doctor suggested a oncologist, who happened to live in Washington. The new doctor couldn't come to New York as he had  other cancer patients to look after. So we shifted to Washington, dad shifted his main branch to Washington. However I was cured but we didn't shift back to New York. At the age of fifteen I was revealed to the world as Warren Albatross, son of Isabella Jones Albatross and Abraham Albatross. I always thought about you, when we shifted back to New York a year ago, I was really happy thinking that I would find you but it turned out that it was not actually easy. Every morning I used to go that park thinking that I would find you one day. I even asked one of my man to ask near the neighborhood, whether they know any girl named Bexi but the response I got was, there was no girl named Bexi near the neighborhood." He said.
"By the way, why did you tell me that your name is Bexi instead of Rebecca?" He raised a brow.

I sighed "it's a silly reason!"

"Come on tell me?" He demanded.

"Because I thought that Rebecca was an old name and you would make fun of my name like my other friends did, that's it" I replied as he chuckled.
"I saw a young pic of yours in Google but it wasn't you it was someone else" I remembered the research Daisy and I did.

"You did a research on me?" He snickered.
"The paparazzi were always standing out of our property just to get a glimpse of mine and demanding to see me, mom just wanted to get rid of them. So she gave them a picture of Tim saying that it was me, they believed and never bothered us again and my life was a secret, nobody knows that this Warren Albatross once suffered from cancer " he replied.

I took a deep breath before asking my next question.
"And what about Anna Williams?"

____________________